Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little finish work on the SuperChally, Freak'in AFE is Huge, tube and air filter a lot bigger then i thought.

Why would anybody get the 'wet' filter when it doesn't filter as good and is a PITA to clean and restore? Soap and water, according to aFe, and this thing is as good as new. Maybe it's the colors..? (less than 300 shipped- new)

345 bill board homage, and thowing them a curve ball withthe 8-ball. enjoy!

AfE

BillBoards!!!

8-Ball

·
Registered
105 Posts
From what I understand wet filters allow more air flow through and thus perform better. (probably negligible for a simple CAI but none the less) This is because the filter medium on a dry is much thicker and thus restricts the air more. Oiled filters can run thinner medium because the oil acts as an extra protectant.

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
Little finish work on the SuperChally, Freak'in AFE is Huge, tube and air filter a lot bigger then i thought.

Why would anybody get the 'wet' filter when it doesn't filter as good and is a PITA to clean and restore? Soap and water, according to aFe, and this thing is as good as new. Maybe it's the colors..? (less than 300 shipped- new)

345 bill board homage, and thowing them a curve ball withthe 8-ball. enjoy!

AfE

BillBoards!!!

8-Ball

Man you need about another 6lbs of keys... LOL
Don't use the push button?
Looking Good!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That CAI looks great!

Did you notice any improvement on how your Challenger runs or better throttle response?
Yea, i notice it seems better around the top end. this is a great CAI!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man you need about another 6lbs of keys... LOL
Don't use the push button?
Looking Good!
thanks. Yea, don't use the push button, safety issue for me. Now have to find a way to lighten that key ring. lol

·
Registered
275 Posts
I like the 8 ball!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts