Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really a big deal but wanted to know if this is a common issue....

The MAF Sensor was a P.I.A. to get inserted into the new intake tube. I was really stressing that I'd snap it. I didn't so yay!

The main issue is the wiring from the MAF is really tight after I got the sensor installed. There is a bracket for the silencer I left on, that the wires have to go around, but not enough to really free up desired slack.

Tomorrow I'm going to take the silencer bracket off, but I think I will still have to undo some factory tape to try to find some slack.

Is this common? Easy solution? FYI, their install instructions SUCK.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Not really a big deal but wanted to know if this is a common issue....

The MAF Sensor was a P.I.A. to get inserted into the new intake tube. I was really stressing that I'd snap it. I didn't so yay!

The main issue is the wiring from the MAF is really tight after I got the sensor installed. There is a bracket for the silencer I left on, that the wires have to go around, but not enough to really free up desired slack.

Tomorrow I'm going to take the silencer bracket off, but I think I will still have to undo some factory tape to try to find some slack.

Is this common? Easy solution? FYI, their install instructions SUCK.

On my 2010 the AFE CAI is different from the new ones. I too had a HELL of a time getting the IAT sensor into the tube's hole. Lots of bulb grease and sore hands I got it in, far enough that I don't trip any codes.

Call AFE, they are pretty nice on the phone. Tell them your situation and see what they come up with.

Good luck

Reactions: aintdunn
1 - 3 of 3 Posts