Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys know anything about this exhaust? Is sounds pretty darn good and I've found it on fleabay for under $600:browsmiley:
Here is the youtube link:
I don't know anything about AFE's quality regarding exhaust systems. I've only thought of them as primarily and intake company...but then again what do I know:scratchhead:

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Looks like the test was done on an automatic car...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yep exhaust is 3". My friends brother works for AFE. It's a nice system I'm surprised more people don't have this system.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have it on my SRT8. Had problems getting it on because it was originally designed for R/T's (2.5 vs 3 inches). The exhaust is three inches but the flow tubes to the cats were 2.5 inches. I went to an exhaust shop and had it modified to fit my exhaust. How does she sound? Nice mellow rumble at idle (louder than stock). The thing screams when going through the gears. I've been told it sound much different than most Challenger exhaust systems out there. The sound reminds of the Dynomax Ultra Flo mufflers. The exhaust is a three piece system (H-pipe with mufflers, left tail pipe, & right tail pipe. The polished tips look kickazz. It's made of 409 stainless. For under $600 you should get it.

100_1801.jpg

Rob

·
Registered
143 Posts
AFE cat-back system

Hello,

The AFE cat-back system in question is not a 3.0" system all the way back, it is a 2.5" system from the converters back to the mufflers then it is a 3.0" system from the back of the mufflers to the tail pipe according to AFE tech line. It also does not utilize a true X-pipe, it uses a H-pipe. They also do not offer a Lifetime warranty.

Magnaflow has 4 options for the vehicle in question.

16513 This is there 2.5" street series system with X-pipe and polished quad tips.
16514 This is there 2.5" street series system with X-pipe that utilizes the stock OE tips.
16515 This is the 2.5" competition series with X-pipe and more aggressive sound plus polished quad tips.
16516 2.5" comp series with X-pipe that utilizes the factory OE tips.

Here is a sound clip Click Here for launch.

Please feel free to call, email or PM me any time with questions or for low Forum pricing. We have a complete line of performance products for the Challenger.

Regards,
Don
JDP Motorsports
888-308-6007

·
Registered
387 Posts
The AFE cat-back system in question is not a 3.0" system all the way back, it is a 2.5" system from the converters back to the mufflers then it is a 3.0" system from the back of the mufflers to the tail pipe according to AFE tech line.
Wrong...I can prove it:
100_1528.jpg 100_1529.jpg 100_1527.jpg

As you can see in the pics I had the end of the flow tubes modified to fit over the SRT cat pipes (from 2.5 to 2.75 inches). The exhaust is three inches the rest of the way. This system uses an H pipe. In speaking with one of the AFE engineers they decided to go with the H pipe instead of the X pipe because the H pipe produces more of a muscle car sound (as opposed to an exotic/European exhaust sound an X pipe produces). Also note how far back the H pipe was placed. This was done to help minimize the drone (with successful results). I have no drone at any cruising RPM. This system sounds nice while at idle or cruising then screams when on the loud pedal.

Rob

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
You should check solo-performance there having a group buy on a system right now. Check the vender section it's about the same price.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Wow, this stuff sounds great! Not quite the power gains as say Solo or MBRP, but I like the sound, and the tips. Great price too! Man, my question for an exhaust keeps getting bigger so many I'm considering:

Flowmaster American Thunder (best sound IMO, cheap)
MBRP 3" catback (best gains/quality)
Zoomers (insane sound, t304)
Dynomax (great price, excellent sound)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Would that Afe exhaust fit my 2012 challenger???

·
Registered
387 Posts
Would that Afe exhaust fit my 2012 challenger???
Yes it will Tony. If you research various exhaust systems you will find that the parts numbers are the same for 2008 through 2012 Challengers. Not much has changed in the undercarriage and exhaust mounting points in these cars. I have the AFE and it sounds great. It's different enough to get noticed & I have no drone issue.

Rob

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes it will Tony. If you research various exhaust systems you will find that the parts numbers are the same for 2008 through 2012 Challengers. Not much has changed in the undercarriage and exhaust mounting points in these cars. I have the AFE and it sounds great. It's different enough to get noticed & I have no drone issue.

Rob
Hey thanks Rob..I did look up a few other exhaust companys and seen they were the same in part numnbers. I just need that little push with someone one saying it will fit!! So, i take it that your happy with the sound and performance of the AFE? I heard the clip,it does sound like a beast! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
411 Posts
I am having this exhaust put on my 2011 R/T classic along with kooks headers. The car is at Whiteside Customs right now. Hopefully they will get done with all the mods before Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
159 Posts
AFE Quality

I don't know anything about AFE's quality regarding exhaust systems. I've only thought of them as primarily and intake company...but then again what do I know:scratchhead:
I work in speed shop that sells MBRP, Magnaflow, Gibson, ect... and I can tell first hand there exhaust systems are made in USA and are great quality/bang for buck!

·
Registered
144 Posts
After I bought my RT I almost purchased this system, but I haven't heard much about it. I couldn't find any videos or reviews about it. Now I am interested, with some of you guys saying it sounds good.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I emailed one of the guys at aFe Power, if there exhaust system would fit on my 11 auto RT. I also asked them about any interior resonance. They replied that they haven't tested this system on a 2011, but since nothing has really changed with the cars exhaust system, it should fit. They also offered to give me a really good deal to test it on my car and if it does not fit I could return it. I am thinking about it, but I will email them back tomorrow and have them give me more details on the return policy and price.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I emailed one of the guys at aFe Power, if there exhaust system would fit on my 11 auto RT. I also asked them about any interior resonance. They replied that they haven't tested this system on a 2011, but since nothing has really changed with the cars exhaust system, it should fit. They also offered to give me a really good deal to test it on my car and if it does not fit I could return it. I am thinking about it, but I will email them back tomorrow and have them give me more details on the return policy and price.
Do it Munoz, you will not regret it. One of the sweetest sounding systems out there. I recommend that you use your stock band clamps from your original exhaust. The band clamps are tack welded on (use a dremell to get them off). The clamps that come with AFE's system aren't the greatest (these are the clamps that mount the center section of the exhaust to the flow tubes behind the cats). NO DRONE WHATSOEVER!

Rob

·
Registered
703 Posts
Have these drastically gone up in price? As far as I can tell, they cost $800 or more. Here's
eBay and Speedlogix, for instance, at $795 and $904 shipped, respectively. I'm actually willing to buy them at $600, but at $800... not so much.

·
Registered
76 Posts
my 2012 rt with afe exhaust was worth the money..considering some other name brands cost $1000 or more

1 - 20 of 48 Posts