Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I was about to pull the trigger on getting a set of Factory Reproductions Style 73 Demon Replica Rims in satin black when I found out from multiple vendors and the manufacturer that that rim in a 20x10.5 (which I need for the rear) won't be back in stock until late May maybe. The rush is that my first track day of the season in May 2 on the Roval and I really want wider, stickier tires for that. I know Voxx makes demon replicas as well but I'm not crazy about how they look and I'm worried about their strength on track. Some friends are warning me about tracking gravity cast rims. I know theres been a lot of discussion on gravity cast vs flow formed vs forged rims, I don't necessarily want to get into that I'm just starting to think that if I'm getting new rims primarily for track driving I should care less about how they look and more about their strength in spirited driving. Now that it seems I'm considering rims other than Demon replicas I'm wondering are there are any fairly strong flow formed or forged rims available out there for $600 or less per rim? I know that's basically not possible for forged but maybe it is for flow formed which should definitely be more resilient than cast. I understand forged rims are worth their cost but I'm not in a position to be dropping $4k on rims right now, especially considering they're going on an R/T not a Hellcat. I'm looking for 20x9 or 20x9.5 in the front and 20x10.5 in the back, preferably in black.

Any recommendations are appreciated!

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Did you check out ace wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you check out ace wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just checked them out, looks like a good option, thanks! Thus far I've also found Forgestar and BBS as other fairly affordable options.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In terms of ordering a rim that will fit a 16 Challenger it needs to be a 5x115mm bolt pattern, 5 lug with 12-25mm offset right?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Hit up WASP392 here on the forum, i think he still has a sweet set of MRR Lightweight wheels with sticky tores going for cheap!

Whoops, forgot hes selling 18’s....still not a bad option though

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello, if you're looking for a flowform wheel made exclusively for the Dodge, MRR has it. The new M392 is 20x9.5 and 20x11 (only) We offer satin black matte bronze.

In Stock now !!!

View attachment 894505

View attachment 894513

Thank you
Darren
MRR Wheels
Oooo those look nice, thanks for the recommendation Darren! What is the load rating for these?

I'm concerned that they're 20x11, I think they would definitely rub. I'm interested though for sure.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
I’ve got these MRR FS01 satin black set for sale and I’m in Charlotte too. If you’re a track junkie then you need a dedicated set imo and 18” is what you want. They weigh about 22.5 lbs each and are rotary forged. 18x9.5 +16mm 5x115 bolt pattern. Custom ordered for my challenger that never got to use. Let me know if you’re interested.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Just a word of caution on the Forgestars, we've had 2 guys recently that have gotten a set with at least 1 wheel not concentric in the barrel.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
538 Posts
MRR is one option but you also have options from Vertini, Stance and Forgestar for best bang for the buck rotary forged wheels.

Vertini RF series and Stance SF Series start at $1,600 for a set of 20X9 20X10.5 staggered in their standard brushed silver finish.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts