Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Looks awesome. Only thing I notice, is are you guys gonna be going straight in the back with the body line like the cudas should be?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks awesome. Only thing I notice, is are you guys gonna be going straight in the back with the body line like the cudas should be?
Unfortunately no, we will not. The AFR 'Cuda Package is designed to be an inexpensive bolt-on Package for Dealers and Individuals.

AutoformGroup.com

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good guys...can't wait to see what your final Cuda conversion package looks like and costs!
The production AFR 'Cuda Package will feature an all-new Shaker Hood system developed 100% in-house. Details and Pictures on that will be available in a few weeks.

We feel its the most complete, efficient, best looking, and affordable Shaker system out there. Pictures soon!

AutoformGroup.com

·
Registered
448 Posts
Although the rear tail-lights look to be the correct over-all size for this vehicle, the back-up lights need to be moved to the inside of the tail-lights, thus shortening the red tail-lights themselves to make them a closer match to the originals. Remove the center back-ups altogether. Much more retro...if that's the intent.
agentorange

·
Registered
114 Posts
i agree with the fact that the reverse lights need to be moved to inside of the outer tails, but it looks like it is an overlay to the factory housing, so that would be a simple bolt on installation without having to replace the whole factory unit. But if they were removed and replaced with different units then i would personally want the reverse lights to look more like they were in the 71 cuda. Kind of like this

But the whole kit looks great in my opinion!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
478 Posts
so you tell me why not?

overall the average american loves the cuda more than the challenger.

ask barrette jackson hell tell you which one is more popular.:bigthumb:
And I agree. Im "From" the 70's. The Cuda was a much more popular car then, and I liked the looks better. And this new package is good looking. With that said, they dont make a Cuda any more, and I just feel its a little hokey to try to make my car look like something thats not even produced. You might as well complete the package and put Plymouth emblems on the car.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i agree with the fact that the reverse lights need to be moved to inside of the outer tails, but it looks like it is an overlay to the factory housing, so that would be a simple bolt on installation without having to replace the whole factory unit.
You are correct. We specifically designed the Taillight kit to retain all factory lighting and "safety features". The AFR 'Cuda Package is one of the most "Dealer Friendly" aftermarket accessories available, for any car.

We will have fully detailed pictures of the complete un-installed AFR 'Cuda Package in a few weeks time, including our all-new Shaker, which we expect will attract many enthusiasts.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
so this will be ready in a few weeks? hope the price is reasonable.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
You are correct. We specifically designed the Taillight kit to retain all factory lighting and "safety features". The AFR 'Cuda Package is one of the most "Dealer Friendly" aftermarket accessories available, for any car.

We will have fully detailed pictures of the complete un-installed AFR 'Cuda Package in a few weeks time, including our all-new Shaker, which we expect will attract many enthusiasts.
will it include the rag top

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
And I agree. Im "From" the 70's. The Cuda was a much more popular car then, and I liked the looks better. And this new package is good looking. With that said, they dont make a Cuda any more, and I just feel its a little hokey to try to make my car look like something thats not even produced. You might as well complete the package and put Plymouth emblems on the car.

i think this is more a nod to the cuda.... not trying to turn it into a cuda... you would need alot of body work for that. i think as long as you dont present it as a cuda or put cuda badges on it , it's fine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts