Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

PAINTED HOOD TOP - $349
The quickly becoming popular AFR SHAKER can now be ordered with a Painted Hood! The market demanded it, and we've been listening! Starting now all orders have the option of being shipped with a painted hood! For an additional $200 the underside of the Hood can also be painted body color. The Shaker scoop comes in a flat black OEM finish ready to install. Please call 312-730-3844 for more information and ordering.

AFR SHAKER Functionality Test Video (YouTube Channel)

Production K&N Air Filter
Statement from K&N Filters Website;
Tests performed by an independent laboratory commonly known as the Frazier Permeability Test have shown that the Medium used in K&N air filters flows more than 300% more air than paper air filter medium when compared on a square inch per square inch basis.

Original AFR Shaker Thread;
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f19/afr-shaker-only-true-shaker-pictures-video-40363/

·
Registered
220 Posts
So we can order the hood painted top/bottom and the shaker itself painted argent silver? :thumbsup: Sold! That is exactly what I want. Once I can assess my financial situation after the govnt takes its pound of flesh from my car purchase I will hopefully be able to order.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Me like, me "like-it-u-lot" (in my retarded Jim Carey voice)

7,359 Posts
I was at the Ver hage car show in Holland this past weekend and noticed several vipers with AFR goodies on them ..
AFR has a finished product like none I have seen to date and great lineage as well.
Stoked to get my T/A hood soon!!

7,359 Posts
Correction shaker will will fit with mopars strut tower brace !!

I stopped in at AFR today we looked at this issue closely via ll your requests and it will clear the strut tower brace. If ordering a shaker with AFR let them know if your running a brace and they will do a minor adjustment via a small trim job at the back of the cowl ,and it will fit perfectly.

LOL...Now I'm on the fence and put a hold on my T/A hood order with AFR as I'm thinking more and more about going with the shaker ..Or buy both set ups if theres money for that!

So I put my order on hold till I can make my decision and Steve is cool enough to let me go thru this process of desision..Very cool of AFR to give me some time to chew on this...no doubt.
Ill know in about two weeks what I want to do here as it isn't an easy desision...

So for all those wondering if the shaker can work with mopars strut tower brace the answer is Yes.I'm happpy to assist

·
Registered
359 Posts
Correction shaker will will fit with mopars strut tower brace !!

I stopped in at AFR today we looked at this issue closely via ll your requests and it will clear the strut tower brace. If ordering a shaker with AFR let them know if your running a brace and they will do a minor adjustment via a small trim job at the back of the cowl ,and it will fit perfectly.

LOL...Now I'm on the fence and put a hold on my T/A hood order with AFR as I'm thinking more and more about going with the shaker ..Or buy both set ups if theres money for that!

So I put my order on hold till I can make my decision and Steve is cool enough to let me go thru this process of desision..Very cool of AFR to give me some time to chew on this...no doubt.
Ill know in about two weeks what I want to do here as it isn't an easy desision...

So for all those wondering if the shaker can work with mopars strut tower brace the answer is Yes.I'm happpy to assist
Your Killing me. Now I don't know what to do, again. :scratchhead:

7,359 Posts
Its great news the brace clears,and after talking to the wife tonight it looks like Ill go with both set-up's,we will see I have some time here.
Sub Zero its all about preference go with what you like you wont be disappointed.
Pm me if you have any questions.

7,359 Posts
Any time guys!
This has to be a hot topic on all our minds as Ram air is a must for this car.
Bought time we have options :thumbsup:
I always get excited when theres new stuff to share with my CT brothers,thats is what its all about!

LOL @ Subzero I feel your pain I Pm'ed you brother!

good info notsure. Thanks for checking into that for us.

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
:guiness: I would do the shaker I mean to have this look is priceless:)

Dang you guys, I may need to spend more $$$$ on the Challenger now..:fight:

I am really liking that setup and with a simple mod keep the mopar bar I say go for it...Real Cold air right:thumbsup:

PS you do realize you are going to need an under hood shaker sticker too :smokin:

Attachments

7,359 Posts
Dave you have a Shakker on that 340 cuda man you got a rare bird there buddy I still cant believe you snagged that car its the only one Ive ever seen with a factory Shakker.
OK,you have to Shaker your srt8 to match your other bad ass ride.I swear that is one bad ass Cuda buddy WTF!!!
We should all shaker up!
Dave think Spring fest!!!! We be rolling in style Warrior 7(the punisher) just confirmed as well he is going and hopping in on the caravan as well .. That makes 5-6 cars so far rolling to Spring fest to party with the So Cal crew!There will be over 1000 mopars there this year!
Anyone wanna roll out to springfest Pm me all are welcome!

Check this out:
I think I finally have the wife listening,and not just saying hell no!
In about a month Im pulling the trigger on some stage 4 heads,tittanium push rods all the goodies, and a AWI cc586 cam so this ram air is a must have..I really lucked out I have a local builder(30 years into building mustangs) right in my area who can do all the work and hit me up a killer tune.
RDP just did a build just like what Im talking about and he pushed out 530 rwhp on the dyno with his tune.He has a more radial cam,but thats where that lightening fast throttle reponse is buddy..Ill be happy with picking up 80 to 100 rwhp for that small investment no problem.
Then supercharge it in a year or two,maybe!:scratchhead:

I just dont have that bottomless budget for this car as its not a high priority with a new home coming online soon..AFR has things priced just right!
So I tred lightly,till next spring gathering goodies.
I have to hand it to 70 T/A he got me back on track via my budget !

This has always been my goal from day one to go Ram air & heads and cam.
Thats how I sold it to her and she just laughed then I had her pick out the flat black side stripes,right then,and there I had her in my Ole Red rider BB gun sales routine..At least she didnt chant "youll shoot your eye out"..
Freaking car is a black hole man!!
Im sure Im not the only one who feels that way there is still a good crew of folks here on CT ..

So its a done deal...next question which first the TA or the Shaker.
We be talking Sunday night look for me after 9pm est.:guiness::guiness::guiness:

:guiness: I would do the shaker I mean to have this look is priceless:)

Dang you guys, I may need to spend more $$$$ on the Challenger now..:fight:

I am really liking that setup and with a simple mod keep the mopar bar I say go for it...Real Cold air right:thumbsup:

PS you do realize you are going to need an under hood shaker sticker too :smokin:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Anyone out there have anymore install picks of this shaker system? I should be getting my car back in about a week after just about four months in the shop. I think that this shaker system would look good with my new painted stripes. Of course I would paint the shaker I'm just not sure if I would paint it jet black like the stripes or body color.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts