Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 404 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

PAINTED HOOD TOP - $349
The quickly becoming popular AFR SHAKER can now be ordered with a Painted Hood! The market demanded it, and we've been listening! Starting now all orders have the option of being shipped with a painted hood! For an additional $200 the underside of the Hood can also be painted body color. The Shaker scoop comes in a flat black OEM finish ready to install. Please call 312-730-3844 for more information and ordering.

AFR SHAKER Functionality Test Video (YouTube Channel)

Production K&N Air Filter
Statement from K&N Filters Website;
Tests performed by an independent laboratory commonly known as the Frazier Permeability Test have shown that the Medium used in K&N air filters flows more than 300% more air than paper air filter medium when compared on a square inch per square inch basis.

Complete Installation Pictures

·
Registered
463 Posts
I had pretty much decided on the Cervini setup but this looks interesting. Maybe its just my perspective but the air filter element appears pretty small. I'd also be concerned about water intake when it rains. I can't get the videos at work so these concerns may already be addressed.

·
Registered
146 Posts
That was my initial thought too, is that small filter going to allow enough air flow?

Does look interesting.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I saw the video, it appears to suck air. Worth watching.

·
Vendor
5,659 Posts
Nice design, I like it!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
really nice. Carbon fiber hood?

·
Registered
716 Posts
pretty sweet

id love to see some photos of the two hoods

any data on how much air it draws compared to the stock air box?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Pretty cool. I'm curious about airflow as well.
________
Live Sex

·
Registered
183 Posts
I absolutely love this setup.

I wish I lived in Arizona or had a garage to only drive her on sunny days but I don't.

With that being said, I am curious about rain.

If air is being sucked in then water can be sucked in as well.

Do you think the air filter can prevent water from entering into the intake?

What about when you wash your car? I mean how do you keep it all dry?

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
i love the scoop design. it really cleans up the engine bay with no air intake box and tube. but, the hood looks too plain with no distinctive trim ring around the shaker scoop.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Agree about the rain intake concern, I think once that point is addressed, this should sell very well. I'd be highly interested in this product, since it's the only one so far that actully works and not for looks alone.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Looks good to me.

Also, I do not think that any water is going to enter the intake with this unit.

I ride my motorcycle with the filter hanging out and I have not had any issue, this filter is under two covers and so I do not see the water being an issue.

Any water that does get into the system will just drain out of the two hoses that are installed for this purpose.

Even if a small amount of water were to enter, it would have no ill effect.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks good to me.

Also, I do not think that any water is going to enter the intake with this unit.

I ride my motorcycle with the filter hanging out and I have not had any issue, this filter is under two covers and so I do not see the water being an issue.

Any water that does get into the system will just drain out of the two hoses that are installed for this purpose.

Even if a small amount of water were to enter, it would have no ill effect.
Well said.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, feel free to call us directly. We're extremely excited about this kit, we know its the only true Shaker out there, and we're excited to start seeing them on the road!

AFR/Autoform Racing
(312) 730-3844
[email protected]
AutoformGroup.com

1 - 20 of 404 Posts