Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for divine guidance here.
I want to "upgrade" 2010 R/T nose to 2011 - 2014 SRT.
I have complete OEM MOPAR parts list and realize that Front Bumper Cover 68109836AB will require flex painted B5 Blue to match 10 year old car.
Plan is to knock out the job in one weekend.

Question:

Is transformation as easy as 1-2-3?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Mine is a 2009 SRT8. Upgraded to 2011 to 2014 front fascia and chin spoiler. Also upgraded to 2015 SRT hood.
I didn’t like the Ram emblem or the chin spoiler after 2011 model year. I also never really liked the carbon fiber stripes either but it was part of the package. I wanted to do the Hellcat front bumper but at the time finding headlights for 2015 model was hard and expensive. So I stayed with the 2011 bumper. I’m very happy with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine is a 2009 SRT8. Upgraded to 2011 to 2014 front fascia and chin spoiler. Also upgraded to 2015 SRT hood.
I didn’t like the Ram emblem or the chin spoiler after 2011 model year. I also never really liked the carbon fiber stripes either but it was part of the package. I wanted to do the Hellcat front bumper but at the time finding headlights for 2015 model was hard and expensive. So I stayed with the 2011 bumper. I’m very happy with it.
Thanks much. Did you get ChallengerTalk pricing on parts from SteveWhite?

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Looking for divine guidance here.
I want to "upgrade" 2010 R/T nose to 2011 - 2014 SRT.
I have complete OEM MOPAR parts list and realize that Front Bumper Cover 68109836AB will require flex painted B5 Blue to match 10 year old car.
Plan is to knock out the job in one weekend.

Question:

Is transformation as easy as 1-2-3?

View attachment 979030 View attachment 979031
I hope you're having the fu**er turned into a nice pair of boots.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Karl,
I ordered the SRT hood from Steve White and had it shipped to the body shop. All the other parts were from Davis Moore Dodge, my local dealer here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Karl,
I ordered the SRT hood from Steve White and had it shipped to the body shop. All the other parts were from Davis Moore Dodge, my local dealer here.

Can you forward the MOPAR parts list so that I can see if mine is complete, see photo attached, thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,658 Posts
Can't help with any details on how to do what you want.

My 2 cents is to repair the car back to factory and be sure the car is properly sorted for a while. Take pics to show the car is back to factory, that all the fits, gaps and what have you are ok. That the car is back to as close to its pre collision condition as humanly possible.

Then if you want to mod the front end you know all the attachment points are in their proper location so the new/different front nose should fit ok.

Too often owners of cars that suffer some accident damage go right to the mods. The concern is the mods are used to cover up/mask a less than satisfactory repair.

'course, if you don't ever plan on selling/trading in the car maybe you don't need to concern yourself in this regard.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Parts list for 2011 to 2014
Bumper cover - 68109836AB
Lower grille - 68109841AA
Lower chin spoiler 68109837AA

L/H R/H spoiler caps
68109838AA
68109839AA

Belly pan - 68060070AB
I have all part numbers from the firewall forward. These are the basic pars you will need for your repair. Need more let me know.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Insurance will pay for all your Dodge parts. I highly recommend Dodge OEM parts no aftermarket junk. Now, some body shops may not want to install different year parts on your car. Interview your choice of collision repair shops. Tell them up front you want different year parts installed. Give them a copy of your parts list and part numbers. Make sure you get a body shop that will mod your car without issues. Then I recommend taking photos of the process.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts