Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok all I have been beating this to death trying to find a post or info about my issue but nothing related so I am hoping someone here can tell me whats up or what next mod need to be done.

I did the reso delete over the weekend no glasspack just straight pipe. I have small leaks at the clamps where you connect blastin bob to stock pipe this will be fixed today or this weekend. So I went out and did some runs to see how the car would be. The sound is amazing to me and I love it to death. My issue is that I noticed the around 2500rpm I will hit the gas and it does not give that kick when it was stock like its almost a small lag. I tried this again at 3000 to 3500rpms and it kicked fine. I also did some pulls from a dead stop and id get the lovely chirp through the gears and pulled hard like always.

I did the #2 fuse and the Throttle rest tricks also I tried this with both traction control on and off of course with it on it sucked more so than off. I am just curious that doing this did the parameters of the torque change to a higher rpm. I wasn't looking for HP or Tq gain but loosing low end is confusing me. And the back pressure is fine don't need to go into that.

Has anyone had this happen and what did you do to fix it? I am hearing getting a ported 85mm TB or the diablo trinity would fix the low end issue. But why am I having this issue in the first place?

Maybe I am over thinking but I want to get that low end feel back. I love the top end do its awesome and the car seems to be smoother when going through gears. This is not a hate on BB pipes they are great its just I need help understanding or finding the path to fix.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Are you and manual or auto and do you have the super track pack? I did not delete the actual muffler as they are high flows already I just got rid of those Reso's at the back of the car. Deleting the mid mufflers I can see loosing the low end torque but with what I have done there should be no issues.

I felt the same thing as you, I deleted my mid mufflers. I love the sound but feels like I lost torque??

·
Registered
957 Posts
Your removing restriction from the exhaust system which effects back pressure. You will absolutely lose a bit of low end torque like that. Its been that way for all the exhaust systems i've had on my challengers.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking about getting the Diablo Trinity in a month or so as next year ill be doing a pro charger and I am sure that will be a good tuner to have and a great investment in general. for now I will have to deal with the change in the power band.

Get a tune, will make a world of difference!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts