Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,327 Posts
Stoner Tarminator would be my go-to for cleaning the remnants of tire carcass off the paint. It's an aerosol, so its easy to apply with precision to only the spots its needed, plus its powerful stuff, so should do the trick just right.

If you don't have any, can't find it, or just don't want to buy yet another car care product you're not sure you'll ever use all of, you can try any bug and tar spray you have on hand, but some of the weaker ones may not be if much use I suspect.

Any use of a bug and tar spray will strip the wax from the paint its applied onto, so be sure to reapply your favorite wax/paint sealant once done cleaning that stuff off. That way you do this again and clean it off just as easily next time. (y)

·
Premium Member
4,327 Posts
I have always been able to purchase it at O'Reilly Auto Parts stores around here, but I believe I have seen it on the shelf at local Pep Boys as well.

I'm trying to think of the last bug and tar I used that wasn't Tarminator so I could recommend that if you can't find a place that sells Stoner car care products, but I'm honestly drawing a blank. Once I stumbled upon this stuff, it has been my favorite bug and tar ever since.

Oh, now I remember...i had a bottle of Surf City Garage Road Grime Destroyer or something like that. It was a pinkish liquid and came in a spray bottle like their wax or something. Anyway, I would recommend that stuff except it was literally too strong for my liking. I ain't kidding, that stuff was borderline dangerous it was so stout. Probably great if you accidentally drove down a freshly tarred road or something, but I'd leave it be otherwise...

·
Super Moderator
12,488 Posts
O'Reilly , Napa, even Walmart list it, just a question of in stock

A Guy

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fellas,, I went to the car was and uesd the pre-soak and let it sit for a few minutes.. no scrubbing tho..

Then just regular soad spray... a lot came off but there's still the determined stuff still on it.
Im not off till tomorrow and its almost dark already when i get home.. so Friday ill get out to look for your recommendations..
Again I appreciate it.

Btw.. what son DOESN'T cherish the memory of burnouts with dad??

·
Super Moderator
13,329 Posts
You can also try WD-40. To avoid this problem in the future, you may want to install 3M film on the rear fenders behind the tires.

·
Premium Member
4,327 Posts
Thanks fellas,, I went to the car was and uesd the pre-soak and let it sit for a few minutes.. no scrubbing tho..

Then just regular soad spray... a lot came off but there's still the determined stuff still on it.
Im not off till tomorrow and its almost dark already when i get home.. so Friday ill get out to look for your recommendations..
Again I appreciate it.

Btw.. what son DOESN'T cherish the memory of burnouts with dad??
Id be shocked, shocked I tell you, if my dad has ever done a burn-out. He never really had a vehicle that would do one, that I remember.

There the ‘74 super cab long bed 1 ton Chevy truck, which did have a 454 and 4 speed manual, but the alternator and clutch were always acting up, so burnouts were not an option.

Then there was the ‘79 single cab long bed Chevy truck, and it also had a 454 and TH-400 trans, so burnouts were possible, but I can’t ever remember him even exceeding the speed limit, so no burnout memories with it unfortunately either.

Then there was the ‘84ish Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 318 and leaky carb, but traction wasn’t easy to lose with it either, especially after the addition of the 33” mud grippers.

You get the picture...pop wasn’t the burn-out type. In fact he used to constantly complain about the “wine-heads and pot-heads peeling their scratch up and down the road.” Damn, this apple certainly fell a fur piece from that tree! :LOL:

In any event, I can certainly think of much worse ways to spend time with your son, so kudos to you for taking the time to ensure he has some positive memories of childhood. 👍

·
Premium Member
4,327 Posts
One more note on removing things attached to the car’s paint which resist other methods and attempts to remove them: you can always go nuclear (nuke-lear?) and hit the melted rubber deposits with some Goo Gone. But make sure you get the product named Goo Gone and NOT the one named Goof Off.

The difference? One will remove the clear coat if you really try...trust me, I found that one out the hard way. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
PaVaSteeler
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing