Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay everyone, hope u all good

So i installed H&R 50888 lowering springs today by myself, after I lowered the cat to the ground, i see passenger side sets higher than the driver side, i think I installed everything as it should, i don’t know whats wrong, why is the car not balanced, i may lift up the car and see whT could be wrong, but before i do that can anyone plz tell me what could be wrong, the gap is obvious and it’s about a finger gap.
Thanka a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Did you reuse the rubber isolators? Possible that the spring is upside down? I have done this before myself when dropping my 1999 Dakota R/T. The front passenger side was higher than the drivers side, in a rush.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you reuse the rubber isolators? Possible that the spring is upside down? I have done this before myself when dropping my 1999 Dakota R/T. The front passenger side was higher than the drivers side, in a rush.

Yes i used the rubber isolator. The springs installed correctly

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Plz anyone can help. Is it possible after alignment to get the car balanced. I installed sphon rear adjustable control arms, bmr rear trailing arms, and h&r springs, in the front I installed BMR bump steer kit , lower adjustable ball joints and upper control arm adjustable bushings for alignment issues i had before.

·
Registered
'20 Hellcat NB
37 Posts
Plz anyone can help. Is it possible after alignment to get the car balanced. I installed sphon rear adjustable control arms, bmr rear trailing arms, and h&r springs, in the front I installed BMR bump steer kit , lower adjustable ball joints and upper control arm adjustable bushings for alignment issues i had before.

So you installed more than just springs or all that was installed, then you installed springs?

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
304 Posts
I had similar problem when I installed my KW "adjustable" springs. I did not properly seat one rear spring into the rubber bushing -- the spring should be twisted into the bushing until it hits the stop. Mine had about an inch gap causing it to be unlevel.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had similar problem when I installed my KW "adjustable" springs. I did not properly seat one rear spring into the rubber bushing -- the spring should be twisted into the bushing until it hits the stop. Mine had about an inch gap causing it to be unlevel.
That’s true. I twisted the springs to the stop on the rubber, today i took the car 30 minutes on the highway when i came back i noticed it is almost level. But i can say now the rear is a bit lower than the front, I don’t know if this is how H&S springs lower the car. I will take the car to alignment and will post pics tomorrow

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Post pics of the car if you can now. This one is on H&R. The tires.are 275 fronts and 315 rears.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts