Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have had a few issues since the installation of Kooks Long Tube headers with High Flow Cats. Had them installed and dyno tuned last fall and really haven't put a whole lot of miles on it since, but now that the weather is a bit better, I am driving it and these codes pop up.

Originally, I had some other O2 related codes so I bought some "spacers" for the rear O2's and nothing happened for 100 miles or so. Somebody on this forum recommended I put steel wool in the spacers, which I intend on doing, but one of the codes deals with a front O2 sensor. The tuner said that on my RT the rear O2's could not be turned off, but I don't want to deal with an engine light.

I did some research online, but couldn't find too much info related to LSX other than a couple threads on Chargerforums, but they didn't help. Here are the codes:

P013A -O2 Sensor 1/2 Slow Response - Rich To Lean
P0153 - 2/1 O2 Sensor Slow Response

Has anybody experienced this or have any idea what is going on? It looks as if sensor problems on both front and rear O2's, but the car only has 7000 miles on it and the two rear sensors are new. Can't see them going out already.

Additionally, the car seems to be shaking more than it ever has when at idle. I cannot tell if the performance is any worse, but I don't remember the car shaking so much until recently. Does anybody elses RT seem to have significant engine shake...almost like a large cam is in the car?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody? :)

·
Registered
825 Posts
migyht not be getting hot enough for the computer to go to open loop.. are these three wire (heated) o2 sensors?

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
migyht not be getting hot enough for the computer to go to open loop.. are these three wire (heated) o2 sensors?
as far as i know they are mopar factory o2 sensors. the front 2 o2 sensors are factory and the rear 2, which needed replacing after the header install because the originals broke, were replaced with 02s that came in a mopar box.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
The one thing that comes to mind is the front/rear O2 sensors are mixed up. In other words the rear are in the front and the front are in the rear.

Are you sure they were put back in their proper locations?

I've been told by those in the know that can cause your issue.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the advice speedy, i will certainly check this out.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the car smells very rich, as well. i started it this morning and the smell of gasoline was overwhelming. i have cats on this, too. perhaps a blown out kooks cat?

·
Registered
825 Posts
could also be an exhaust leak upstream of the 02 sensor.. (exhaust header/mainfold gasket). go under and count how many wires going to each 02 sensor.. should be a three wire setup if they are heated.. do you have access to tuning software? can you see if the 02 sensors are getting a full sweep on their range (from 0mv-999mv)?

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
could also be an exhaust leak upstream of the 02 sensor.. (exhaust header/mainfold gasket). go under and count how many wires going to each 02 sensor.. should be a three wire setup if they are heated.. do you have access to tuning software? can you see if the 02 sensors are getting a full sweep on their range (from 0mv-999mv)?
thanks. all i have is the predator, i dont have the CRM program to look at these things. i will make sure the wires get counted and check for exhaust leaks at the same time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm having that code p012A I just had kooks long tube and Green cat put on my 09 challenger. Seems to only come on when I'm at speeds of 55 to 65 miles an hour I have a Diablo tune as well.... Please help how can I fix

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Old Post I know but I just got a P1133 a P1153 and a P113D. Just picked it up from the Tuner today. Kinda Bummed thinking about taking back and having it put back to stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts