Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if there's any manufacturers that sell replicas in different widths all I've found is the same stock width looking for the silver Alcoa forged like on my 2012 srt in a 10 or 11 inch. Alot of peeps hate the stock rims I like em like good with the silver stripes on my ride and did not want to dish out the cash for a new set. Those devil rims looked good but I know they don't fit well on non wide body's. Option is widening rears on the back end or find replicas cuz these 255s dont work for the power i got now, when summer hits and I up the boost 4 psi , run e85 I won't go anywhere on a quarter throttle maybe I should start a gofundme get those es1 carbon rims 馃榾 (kidding) anyways here's the rim style iam looking for

Registered
Does anybody know if there's any manufacturers that sell replicas in different widths all I've found is the same stock width looking for the silver Alcoa forged like on my 2012 srt in a 10 or 11 inch. Alot of peeps hate the stock rims I like em like good with the silver stripes on my ride and did not want to dish out the cash for a new set. Those devil rims looked good but I know they don't fit well on non wide body's. Option is widening rears on the back end or find replicas cuz these 255s dont work for the power i got now, when summer hits and I up the boost 4 psi , run e85 I won't go anywhere on a quarter throttle maybe I should start a gofundme get those es1 carbon rims (kidding) anyways here's the rim style iam looking for View attachment 1013191
Have you looked at Factory Reproductions, they have a lot of rims for the Challenger.

www.factoryreproductions.com

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Does anybody know if there's any manufacturers that sell replicas in different widths all I've found is the same stock width looking for the silver Alcoa forged like on my 2012 srt in a 10 or 11 inch. Alot of peeps hate the stock rims I like em like good with the silver stripes on my ride and did not want to dish out the cash for a new set. Those devil rims looked good but I know they don't fit well on non wide body's. Option is widening rears on the back end or find replicas cuz these 255s dont work for the power i got now, when summer hits and I up the boost 4 psi , run e85 I won't go anywhere on a quarter throttle maybe I should start a gofundme get those es1 carbon rims 馃榾 (kidding) anyways here's the rim style iam looking for View attachment 1013191

Had the same issue after the SC install. Went with haveing the rear wheels widened and threw on some chrome in the process. Silver pained wheels on a silver car just didn't quite work for me. Not cheap, but sure like the stock forged wheels.

HOT ROD ON

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had the same issue after the SC install. Went with haveing the rear wheels widened and threw on some chrome in the process. Silver pained wheels on a silver car just didn't quite work for me. Not cheap, but sure like the stock forged wheels.

HOT ROD ON
Do tell more where did you go, how much wider than the stock 9 inch width for the rears , does it rub how does it drive as in do the rims balance as stock and cost how much a rim ??

Premium Member
Do tell more where did you go, how much wider than the stock 9 inch width for the rears , does it rub how does it drive as in do the rims balance as stock and cost how much a rim ??

How the widening is done will have a major impact on cost. The economical approach is cutting the wheel and welding in a ring that requires the two welds. The other option is to break out some cash, and go with a pair of doner wheels to be cut and mated to the factory wheels, only requiring the one weld as shown in pic. Both methods are proven, so one does have a choice. Ended up with a set of 9 3/4" wide wheels, mounted with some 295's, little under 1/2" clearance inside with no issues. Plenty of shops out there doing this work...

HOT ROD ON

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Are you running the stock shock setup you are not lowered and what size 295s you go with 30 35s. I wonder if any tried to go to 11 or 11.5 inch width to fit a set of 305 or 315 back there

Registered
I widened my R/T rims using Weldcraft. I wanted to keep the stock(ish) rim look on my R/T - so I had the rear rims widened 2 1/4鈥 (from 8鈥 to 10 1/4鈥) and mounted 295 tires. In my case I also run a 1鈥 spacer to keep the centerline of the rim/tire essentially unchanged.

Before:

After:

Registered
You need spacers even if your just adding material to the back of the rim ??
That depends on how much wider you go from stock and how much room you鈥檝e got back there to begin with. I was starting with an 8鈥 rim so adding 2 1/4鈥 to the back side wasn鈥檛 going to fit without bumping the wheels out (plus it just wouldn鈥檛 have looked right).

Since you are starting with 9鈥 rims you wouldn鈥檛 be adding as much to the inside as I did. MAYBE they would fit going to 10鈥 (???) 馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔 I鈥檓 pretty confident that if you wanted to go to 11 or 11.5 that it wouldn鈥檛 fit without a spacer.

DRAG CITY could probably answer that better since you both have similar wheels.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That depends on how much wider you go from stock and how much room you鈥檝e got back there to begin with. I was starting with an 8鈥 rim so adding 2 1/4鈥 to the back side wasn鈥檛 going to fit without bumping the wheels out (plus it just wouldn鈥檛 have looked right).

Since you are starting with 9鈥 rims you wouldn鈥檛 be adding as much to the inside as I did. MAYBE they would fit going to 10鈥 (???) 馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔 I鈥檓 pretty confident that if you wanted to go to 11 or 11.5 that it wouldn鈥檛 fit without a spacer.

DRAG CITY could probably answer that better since you both have similar wheels.
What you did looks good !! 馃憤 iam sure if you couldn't go larger I probably cant either rt or srt iam almost positive that undercarriage inner rear wheelwell the same size so I will be at a 10.5 inch max its all good thanks for the help

Premium Member
Are you running the stock shock setup you are not lowered and what size 295s you go with 30 35s. I wonder if any tried to go to 11 or 11.5 inch width to fit a set of 305 or 315 back there

Stock setup, not lowered, went with 295/40/ZR20, and did try and fit wider wheels mounted with 315's in the rear, and that didn't work out very well at all.

Was at the shop discussing things, so the rep showes me his 300 with widened wheels mounted with a pair of 315's in the rear, then tells me, "they will fit the Challenger if your interested". They had the four wheels and tires the next day for round one, and the Challenger was on jackstands for some time after that.
Went to pick things up and found out that the vender had welded in a ring when the doner rims sent down didn't fit corectly. When I was done talking, they agreed to go for round two, but we decided to see how well the wheels fit first. They didn't even come close to fitting in the wheel well with that setup, let along bolting up, even with a handfull of spacers. Pic shows a 315 next to the factory 245, that's a big tire. That's it, Settled for the 295's, no spacers, no issues...

HOT ROD ON

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the reply drag iam sold on it 10.5 wide rim and 295/40/20 tire is what iam gonna go with might as well get on it now with this wi weather won't be able to drive it till late March anyways. Really dodge should have had a 10 or 10.5 wide rim from the get go on these 6.4, 485 hp cars and a 11 or 12 on the cats I would have paid a bit extra from the start so I don't have to do this now

Premium Member
Sounds good, interested in seeing how that works out for you, hassle free hopefully. Keep up posted...

HOT ROD ON

Registered
I don鈥檛 know - I鈥檓 tempted to say you鈥檙e gonna run into issues with adding 1.5鈥 to the back of the stock rim without using any spacers. (I think 馃) I may be wrong...but I think it鈥檚 gonna hit the back of the wheel well without using a spacer to push it out a bit. Or I could be wrong...that鈥檚 certainly been the case before. I鈥檒l be curious to hear your results.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ya if I need a spacer no worries I just want it to be correct if I have to add a small spacer then I do. I did check some other forums quite a few did no problems will see

1 - 18 of 18 Posts