Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2012 SRT8 Challenger 6 speed, i am looking into getting a after market exhaust installed onto it. I am just trying to get feed back on peoples personal experience with exhausts, i been reading up on a couple that i like. Also if anyone is in the pittsburgh area and has a after market installed onto there challenger i would love to come and have a listen in person to it. Thanks and any feedback will be great!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im just looking around at the moment, don't got a price in my head what id like to spend on it, I am trying to get like a old school muscle car sound out of it, I want people to hear it and be like damn that thing sounds mean as hell

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
im just looking around at the moment, don't got a price in my head what id like to spend on it, I am trying to get like a old school muscle car sound out of it, I want people to hear it and be like damn that thing sounds mean as hell
Zoomers or Borla ATAK would be what you're looking for. Solo is also good but not as loud.

·
Registered
535 Posts
20 miles south of pittsburgh, I have JBA system

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I had a MBRP cat back system installed on my 2012 SRT8 just after getting the car. I love the old school sound and no drone. Before you buy, give them a look.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
We have the MBRP too and like it. I wouldn't mind if it was just a little louder though. Seemed to help performance as we went 13.39 @105.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I feel sorry for you! You are going to get about 50 different answers for your question. There are so many exhaust systems and combinations for our cars and everyone thinks that theirs sounds the best.

Best advice would be to set a budget to narrow down your choices and then try to go for a ride in cars with the system to experience them in real life.

Good luck with your choice! You really cant go wrong!

Get me some Steelers tickets and I'll bring mine with the Solo system down and let you drive it for a few hours while I'm at the game! lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
I own a 2012 SRT8 Challenger 6 speed, i am looking into getting a after market exhaust installed onto it. I am just trying to get feed back on peoples personal experience with exhausts, i been reading up on a couple that i like. Also if anyone is in the pittsburgh area and has a after market installed onto there challenger i would love to come and have a listen in person to it. Thanks and any feedback will be great!
Hi Black2012SRT,

Glad to hear you’re interested in getting an exhaust! Borla offers a “S-Type” and “ATAK” cat-back system for your Challenger. If you want to give your SRT-8 a more aggressive, deeper growl, then our “S-Type” (part #140435) would be a good pick. If you want to pump up the volume even more, our “ATAK” (part #140436) will make your Challenger the loudest thing on the block. Both of these systems come with dual 4” polished tips, are made of high quality, 300-series austenitic stainless steel, and come with our Million Mile Warranty.

I included a video link below to a 2011 SRT-8 with our ATAK system installed on it. If you have any questions about our products, feel free to give us a call at 805-986-8600 and we’ll help you out. Happy exhaust hunting!

VIDEO: 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Borla ATAK exhaust:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Zoomers, Zoomers, zoomers, zoomers, zoomers. Did I say get Zoomers?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 18 of 18 Posts