Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my car gets washed and the exterior gets dried. I open the trunk, doors and hood in an effort to clean up the rest of the water. The trunk lid however seems to hold water in places I cannot reach. In an attempt to get as much water out of the lid as possible, I keep it open for and extended period occasionally tilting back and forth until the remaining water drains out.

I can only presume this happens to all challenger owners that hand wash their cars. Is there a work around to get all the water out more efficiently?

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
you mean where it runs out between the taillights? Yeah I don't know what your talking about... Never had that problem... Seriously I used to open and slam the trunk about 10 times, leave it half open for a few minutes while it drained. Run a dehumidifier in the garage for a day after washing before driving, and get home and see water marks. The only thing that fixed it was switching to Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
I go ahead and open the trunk and the hood before I dry the car. That gives it some time to drain during the dry down time. Not saying that's the answer, but I don't have residual water drips later.
If you haven't tried one yet, get yourself a leaf blower and it will blow water out of the nooks and crannies that you can't get to.

·
Registered
349 Posts
That was one of the first things that bugged me when we bought our 2016 Challenger. At first I tried using my leaf blower to force the water out, but it still dripped for hours.

Luckily this forum provided the answer to me...see the posts below.

The Full Thread

What Worked For Me

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,517 Posts
I take mine for a short spin around the neighborhood right after rinsing. Most of the water drains off the problem areas and it "spin" dries the wheels too. Then I dry the entire vehicle.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT
307 Posts
I do the same thing one to clean up the brake rotors and two to blow the remaining water out of the trunk.After I finish off the rear bumper with detail spray.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,014 Posts
I too take a short road trip. Come back and microfiber under edge of spoiler, then detail the rear end. I haven't put towel to paint to dry my car since I had it coated. A Guy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts