Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been a long time since I’ve been in the forum. Have a ‘13 R/T and got a **** put on from my local shop. Since that time I’ve had to repair two broken welds and have an exhaust leak that won’t go away. We can’t get the clamps tight enough because the clamps are so darn close to the bends in the pipes. At this point, I’m $175 into repairs for fixing the welds and new clamps and still have the exhaust leak. Only option I have now is to have the entire system dropped and welded- which will be another $250. I love the sound but if I could go back in time I would have just left the stock exhaust on the R/T. The **** has not been worth the aggravation to me. I’ve spoken to the owner of **** who seems like a great guy, but there isn’t much he can do to make my exhaust leak disappear. Frustrating!! Before I get flamed- my local shop is outstanding and has put multiple exhaust systems on my other vehicles with ZERO issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
414 Posts
The stock R/T MT exhaust sounds great - already loud enough to set-off alarms in parking structures. I made the mistake of putting Borla on my Mustang. It made long drives unbearable.

·
Registered
130 Posts
only problem i ever had with a catback was my magnaflow. i had to cut a couple inches off one pipe to get it to fit correctly with the stock hangers. i also suspect the shop.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
When I lived in Florida everything was a 50/50 crap shoot. Not to be funny but lots of ass clowns down there that don't know what they are doing. Find another shop who relocated from the North.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a Flowmaster cat back American Thunder system on my '12 Challenger R/T, had some initial clearance problems with the normal driveline movement rubbing on the mufflers, had them moved forward and realigned pipes, no issues. As for exhaust leaks, had leakage at the factory head pipe connection but was able to solve that with stainless steel wide band clamps, no more leak. Has been on the car for going on 5 years now and about 97K miles and sounds and works perfectly. No drone either w/6 speed manual trans.
Also kept my stock system since it had all of 5k miles on it when removed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts