Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning,

Purchasing a 2019 manual scat pack widebody. Any recommendations for anything I should get for this new car?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Where to start- so many mods, so little time.

Barton Shifter
Skip shift eliminator
Hellcat intake
Z Automotive Tazer w/bypass
Mid-Muffler delete.

There are alot more, just depends how deep you want to go.

Like Engine and Suspension also.
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Barton Shifter
Skip shift eliminator
Hellcat intake
Mid-Muffler delete.

I think the widebody has a pretty nice suspension, I'd do engine work but at that point might as well spend 15k more and get a hellcat ya know? I should also get the rock guard?

What is the skip shift eliminator and Z Automotive Tazer w/bypass? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I think the widebody has a pretty nice suspension, I'd do engine work but at that point might as well spend 15k more and get a hellcat ya know? I should also get the rock guard?

Under certain circumstances, when shifting the car from 1st to 2nd, it will make you shift it to 4th instead. This was implemented for CAFE rules on fuel savings. The Skip Shift Eliminator gets rid of the feature so you can shift the car how you want.

Z-Automotive Tazer w/Bypass, it give a you line lock, light show, SRT performance pages, Daytime Running Lights. Alot more features.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts

I have a 2019 wide body Scat pack and love it on handling and power, if you are going after looks I installed a taller rear spoiler and rear diffuser

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,575 Posts
Skip Shift and a catch can! :)

Congratulations on the Widebody Scat Pack, you'll have to post up some photos once you get it.

- Alexis

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
I don't have an RT M6 and swapped the prop shaft for a one piece and added a diff brace. With the CDV delete and Barton shifter I feel way more connected to the shifts compared to the stock setup.

·
Registered
51 Posts
How does the barton feel vs the stock?

Which hellcat filter did you get?
The shifter is unreal. I didn't realize how sloppy the factory one was until I replaced it. Much shorter throw and very solid. Haven't missed a 2-3 shift yet with it. As for the airbox, I just used my filter in it.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
If you want even shorter throws, get the OEM compatible Barton shifter kit, get a short shifter from Lou, and a shift ball from speeddawg.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
I can't believe nobody has mentioned getting mud flaps yet. Apparently the Widebody with those wide tires can throw nasty stuff at the body of the car.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
I thought we collectively agreed to call them splash guards? :p BTW I saw a pic not to long ago of a WB embedding pebbles in between the body lines near the front parking lights. They definitely can kick up some debris.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I did some paint protection film on the flares and so far, after 1200 miles, it's chip free. I think I'm pretty much done for now. I drive it in sport mode all the time and I love the exhaust as it is.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,571 Posts
I think on Widebodies they are rock guards ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
981 Posts

Barton Shifter
Skip shift eliminator
Hellcat intake
Mid-Muffler delete.

I’m confused why people keep mentioning the Tazer. Outside of the startup mode (sport, track etc) and what you mentioned for manuals I see no logical reason to put a Tazer on a 2019+ Challenger. We have pretty much everything it’s attempting to unlock unless I’m missing something.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
True but Tazer allows you to also some other little features that are a "nice to have":

• change tire size
  • adjust TPMS pressure warning so you run lower tire pressure for the track
  • there is the dark out mode and light show (cool at car shows)
  • all windows down with the key fob
  • easy out (moves seat back)
  • cooldown mode
  • in motion address entry (I never really use it)
  • allows you to switch DRLs to fog light

1 - 20 of 26 Posts