Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone knows if it's possible to install aftermarket front seats on a 2013 Challenger R/T. Contemplating this idea, if anyone has any input or has already done this, I will really appreciate any input. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone knows if it's possible to install aftermarket front seats on a 2013 Challenger R/T. Contemplating this idea, if anyone has any input or has already done this, I will really appreciate any input. Thanks in advance.
bump.....

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anybody???

·
Registered
50 Posts
I know Sparco makes brackets/frames for their side-mount and bottom-mount seats that are year-specific to the Challenger, but they are fixed-point. You set it, and bolt it. No seat sliders.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see, thanks, appreciate your input.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, now for the air bag and any other electrical or safety features related to the seat, any way to by pass this without any issues.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Good question. I have only done it on Porches, and you program that out at the dealership. From what I've heard, you can wire in resistors to get the warning lights off. I am unsure of how much load you need on a Challenger though. It's also probably not something you want to get into without electrical experience.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you think this type of install is something that a shop can do. Any other suggestions. By the way, went to the Cipher web site and they have some nice looking seats and seems to be a descent price for the same, and for the brackets.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Only other advice I could give would be to call up the manufacturer and talk to them about your application and what you want out of the seat. It's tough buying these online because you can't test them first. They might be able to help with the electrical issues too.

A shop can definitely do the install, really most people can do it themselves with a good ratchet. As for the electrical, you would want someone who knows what they're doing with Chrysler/Dodge vehicles. The ohms needed for the resistors are different on different cars. So maybe check with your dealership. There are some threads around here that discuss the resistors needed, too. You could search this site if you feel like this is something you can do yourself.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thank you again for your input, appreciate it very much.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
One of our more famous Moderators put in a set of seats from a VIPER which looked very cool he had the them custom embroidered.. The leg support at the seat portion appeared much better then the drag seats.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you four the input and site. Good looking seats and the price is not bad. :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts