Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any bluer spectrum headlights for a 2020 Challenger SXT V6 model? The ones my wife has right now stock are more amber colored headlights but she wants them a bluer color and autozone and dealer can’t help me find what I’m looking for. I think the bulbs are 90211’s Thanks everyone!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,519 Posts
9012 bulbs. Blue is just for looks, it's not brighter, or better, just so you know. It's the color temperature that you are looking for, that determines the color. IF you must have blue, over 6000k is what you are looking for. 6000k bulbs are white with a hint of blue. Read about color temperatures here

I don't know of any halogen 9012 replacement bulbs that are blue. If you want a bright halogen bulb that just replaces the original (not blue), look at SYLVANIA 9012 SilverStar Ultra

Bluer than these will have to be replacement LEDs with ballasts, a retrofit. I can't advise on any blue one (I can't advise getting blue color bulbs at all when they are not the best light choice)

A Guy

·
Registered
468 Posts
Does anyone know of any bluer spectrum headlights for a 2020 Challenger SXT V6 model? The ones my wife has right now stock are more amber colored headlights but she wants them a bluer color and autozone and dealer can’t help me find what I’m looking for. I think the bulbs are 90211’s Thanks everyone!
I use the 9012 Sylvania Silverstar Ultras for the headlamps and fog lamps. They do well and I’ve had them in the car since 2016.

·
Super Moderator
15,972 Posts
you can get LED replacements for the halogen bulbs - they'll have a blue / white color like HIDs have and higher light output

·
Registered
468 Posts
You also have to consider cost of replacement, etc., down the road if the LEDs or HIDs go out. Although I like 'em, this is one reason I don't have HID headlamps. I very rarely drive my SP at night and the area is very well lit unless I get outside the city.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts