Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Challenger Scat Pack and while the shaker hood looks good would rather go with something like the Hellcat look. Ive seen a few that are like factory metal, fiber glass, carbon fiber and one other I cant remember at the moment. One needed hood pins which not sure I want to go that way. Anyone give me some positive or negative based on experience? Im also debating if I want to paint or wrap the hold. My car is Black and might want to change things up. So some opinions would be great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm somewhat in the same boat as I'm doing a Hellkittycat conversion. When I had me SS maro I got a zl1 duraflex hood. Mine fit perfect no issues but I have heard horror stories. My people locally can get me a hood for dealer for around $800 and eBay reps shipped are around 6 I mightn't just get the oem since the price is close but it's up to you

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
Personally, I would stick with the OEM factory HC hood if you're going to do this conversion.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
I'll buy your shaker
He's not selling one.

I have a 2016 Challenger Scat Pack and while the shaker hood looks good would rather go with something like the Hellcat look. Ive seen a few that are like factory metal, fiber glass, carbon fiber and one other I cant remember at the moment. One needed hood pins which not sure I want to go that way. Anyone give me some positive or negative based on experience? Im also debating if I want to paint or wrap the hold. My car is Black and might want to change things up. So some opinions would be great.
I'd go with the regular SRT hood instead.

If you really insist on having the hellcat hood, make sure you get all the covers for your ABS and whatnot.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He's not selling one.

I'd go with the regular SRT hood instead.

If you really insist on having the hellcat hood, make sure you get all the covers for your ABS and whatnot.

Hmmm didnt think about all that stuff. Just looked at the Cervini cowl hood also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts