Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much did you pay to get your aftermarket hood painted?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Hood and Wing for..................

I got the Cervinis Cowl Hood and their C440 Wing done here in El Paso Tx for $300.00
I know a race car fabricator that knew the head painter at a shop and he hooked me up. (that is the way we do things in El Paso)

Good Luck to You!

David

·
Registered
25 Posts
300 beans to paint a hood and a wing seems steep. Did they throw in a lobster dinner and a hooker?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a quote of $700 plus

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If they paint the hood to match the car they well need to blend it into the fenders and front of the car ,,This cost more ,
Also what color they are trying to match will make a difference as well. Metal flaked reds being one of the bigger P.I.T.A from what I've been told.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Like I said, that is how we do it in El Paso.......

300 beans to paint a hood and a wing seems steep. Did they throw in a lobster dinner and a hooker?
Yes, $300.00, a burrito (bean) and an old copy of a Playboy...........kind of wish I lived somewhere else!

:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Ive been quoted $1200 for the hood and $900 for fenders... think ill go the vinyl wrap route.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
719 Posts
If they paint the hood to match the car they well need to blend it into the fenders and front of the car ,,This cost more ,
That's the way a shop does it if they buy the paint from a body shop supply company but if it's a top notch shop that has it's own mixing system and a painter that takes pride in his work it can be panel painted + a hood is easier to panel paint then say a door which has a fender and 1/4 panel to deal with that probably don't match each other from the factory, none of the bumpers match and the dealer will tell you its because they are urethane well the hoods are aluminum and if you go aftermarket most are fiberglass so does that automatically mean that the color isn't going to match!!! Cars are built and painted on a production line so there is bound to be differences. To answer the OP's question, I had my factory T/A hood painted satin black, I bought the paint (45.00) and paid a body shop 50.00 to paint it. No worry of color match and it looks excellent on a Hemi orange car, actually IMO a satin black T/A hood on any color Challenger looks good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts