Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
SRT-8
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All -
Just bought a 2010 SE - picking up tomorrow. I used to have a '72 Challenger back in high school college. Can't wait for the new one!

Quick question - Can anyone recommend a good in-dash navigation system (with entertainment options, DVD, Ipod connect, Bluetooth, etc.)? I felt that I could get a better price on aftermarket (too expensive from dealer).

If not, can anyone provide the dimensions for the stock system, which I can use when looking for one?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Check out the Crutchfield web site. They have an option to "Outfit Your Car". It will list which systems will work and if any mods need to be done to your car to install the system. Good luck and let us know what you decide to install.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have the Alpine iXA-W407 and I just added the Nav option. It comes with a 7" touchscreen and iPod/iPhone/USB connectivity, but no CD/DVD. You can hookup a CD/DVD changer to it, though. You can also add Sirius radio and rear-view camera. They also have a new unit the iNA-W900 which is the new unit with the Nav built-in, it's $999. The one I have was $700, plus $400 for the Nav, but I got both for $900.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD and I love it so far. Its about a $400 base price and $100 extra for bluetooth/nav add-ons.

I mainly bought it for entertainment/ipod purposes, and thats what I use it for so I can't really give you input on its nav features, but its a solid device with a lot of options.

·
Premium Member
SRT-8
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the Alpine iXA-W407 and I just added the Nav option. It comes with a 7" touchscreen and iPod/iPhone/USB connectivity, but no CD/DVD. You can hookup a CD/DVD changer to it, though. You can also add Sirius radio and rear-view camera. They also have a new unit the iNA-W900 which is the new unit with the Nav built-in, it's $999. The one I have was $700, plus $400 for the Nav, but I got both for $900.
This is good information with many options. Thanks for your suggestions!

·
Premium Member
SRT-8
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check out the Crutchfield web site. They have an option to "Outfit Your Car". It will list which systems will work and if any mods need to be done to your car to install the system. Good luck and let us know what you decide to install.
Thanks for the information - I will check out the Crutchfield site.

I picked up the car tonight - it is fantastic!

·
Premium Member
SRT-8
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought a Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD and I love it so far. Its about a $400 base price and $100 extra for bluetooth/nav add-ons.

I mainly bought it for entertainment/ipod purposes, and thats what I use it for so I can't really give you input on its nav features, but its a solid device with a lot of options.
Thanks for the suggestion - this one seems more reasonably priced...

·
Premium Member
SRT-8
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for this info - it is a big help. I will check out the Alpines.

·
Premium Member
SRT-8
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the forum. From what I see this is the size.The Opening is 8.125" x 3.75"

double dinn is 7" x 4"
Thanks for the dimensions - I'll do some more research...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Any double din will work fine. I have the Pioneer Avic X910BT with XM. The pioneer Xm tuner fits perfectly right under the heater controls and you can remove the old factory sirius plastic plug from the antenna wire and with a little work, glue the antenna wire connection into the new pioneer xm plug. The factory connector is a lot fatter than the aftermarket antenna connector so you need to drill out the back of the plastic plug so it will fit and then glue it into place. The GPS antenna fits great by gluing it to the dash right where the auto headlight sensor is if your car does not come equipped with it. Gives you a clean factory look inside and out without extra antennas sticking out. You need the dash trim kit (metra) and the canbus radio replacement module.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts