Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,226 Posts
Congratulations, you win the prize for most puzzling electrical gremlin.

I used to hold the record with my f-ed up electronics in this Charger. But at least I have someone to blame to blame it on - the slack-jawed troglodytes that decopified it.

Yours is unique, unheard of, and has no prior effort on which to lay the blame. Unfortunately that’s a trifecta of stuff you don’t want to apply when chasing electrical problems.😟

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Congratulations, you win the prize for most puzzling electrical gremlin.

I used to hold the record with my f-ed up electronics in this Charger. But at least I have someone to blame to blame it on - the slack-jawed troglodytes that decopified it.

Yours is unique, unheard of, and has no prior effort on which to lay the blame. Unfortunately that’s a trifecta of stuff you don’t want to apply when chasing electrical problems.😟
Ain't that the truth brother :ROFLMAO: can't say I could've predicted some of the issues I've had (e.g. this, water pump, control arm, etc.) on a car that still only has 49k miles.

And yet another development....

I've noticed its not the window per se, but the switch itself. Even if the driver window is open, I just have to nudge the switch upward a bit and the radio comes on and stays on. Further to that, the right turn signal now flashes rapidly. Bulbs weren't out but went ahead and replaced them anyway and it's still doing this. I can live with it as it stands now but it would still be nice to get to the bottom of this horsesh*t at some point. All other options exhausted, my money's on the ECU...

·
Premium Member
6,226 Posts
Ain't that the truth brother :ROFLMAO: can't say I could've predicted some of the issues I've had (e.g. this, water pump, control arm, etc.) on a car that still only has 49k miles.

And yet another development....

I've noticed its not the window per se, but the switch itself. Even if the driver window is open, I just have to nudge the switch upward a bit and the radio comes on and stays on. Further to that, the right turn signal now flashes rapidly. Bulbs weren't out but went ahead and replaced them anyway and it's still doing this. I can live with it as it stands now but it would still be nice to get to the bottom of this horsesh*t at some point. All other options exhausted, my money's on the ECU...
That’s interesting...so did you ever have the battery tested? I know you said it looks like the OE battery, which is crazy in its own right, but any electrical troubleshooting you do will always have to begin with a known good battery.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
That’s interesting...so did you ever have the battery tested? I know you said it looks like the OE battery, which is crazy in its own right, but any electrical troubleshooting you do will always have to begin with a known good battery.

Believe me I'm way ahead of you. Already replaced the OE with a newer AGM, didn't change a goddamn thing.

·
Premium Member
6,226 Posts
Believe me I'm way ahead of you. Already replaced the OE with a newer AGM, didn't change a goddamn thing.
Not to sidetrack the discussion at hand, but based on the limited amount of research I’ve done on AGM batteries, the charging algorithm of non-AGM car’s alternator should be altered to account for the AGM battery when installed.

I don’t know what those changes are supposed to be or how to make them, but I’ve read several places that it isnt healthy for the AGM battery to put it in a car that thinks it’s got a non-AGM battery and is commanding the alternator to charge as such.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...

Since that radio is an aftermarket one, I think I might pull it back out partially so I could stick a test light or DMM on its power wire, and then I’d work the window switch in question to see if it’s switching the power for the radio too.

If that yielded no answers, I’d probably do the same for the radio’s main ground wire.

Just to see if I could get a handle on why/what/where/etc...

·
Registered
2013 SRT 392
10 Posts
I have been having the same issue with my 2013 SRT and I have the stock radio head unit. Just this morning I was having a nice drive listening to music and the sound cut out. I had to stop the car, turn off the ignition, and open the driver door then the radio turned back on when I started the car. I had to do this 3 times in about 15 mins. I also get the traction control light often no matter if I’m sitting still, hit a small bump, or drive on smooth roads.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts