Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Granite 2015 SXT+ Blacktop
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope y'all can help me settle a debate here. So I purchased two SXT badges for my car, put em' where the badges would normally go if it were an SRT. Friend tells me its upbadging because the badge looks too similar to the SRT script.

Badge pictured here

When I asked what would be an appropriate badge to put, he promptly sent me this:

What do y'all think? I wouldn't put the normal SXT badge personally because I do not like the look of it.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,578 Posts
Not upbadging.

Reactions: DaBigJay

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,231 Posts
I hope y'all can help me settle a debate here. So I purchased two SXT badges for my car, put em' where the badges would normally go if it were an SRT. Friend tells me its upbadging because the badge looks too similar to the SRT script.

Badge pictured here
View attachment 1003820

When I asked what would be an appropriate badge to put, he promptly sent me this:
View attachment 1003821

What do y'all think? I wouldn't put the normal SXT badge personally because I do not like the look of it.
Your “friend” is either an ******* or hater. I’d look into ditching him/her and replacing him/her with a better friend. :giggle:

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Does your friend have difficulty discerning between an "R" and an "X"? If so, that would fall under the realm of Not Your Problem. Put the badges on if they're high quality, look good and most important, you like them.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
I have that same badge on my grill and rear spoiler. Nobody has ever given me a hard time about it. Some have even pointed it out and liked it.

It's your car, do what you want. I obviously have no problems with this badge. :LOL:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Here is how I'd see this; who's making the payments on the car (or who bought it)? If the answer is you, then I'd say you have all say on how you badge or accessorize the car.

Now if those who are saying anything else about it, place your hand out, palm side up, and ask them to offer up a car payment. If you accept the payment, then I'd listen to their opinion on how the car is accessorized.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I could put the 345 sticker on the side of mine which looks a bit like the 392 stickers and its not upbadging at all.
Your not upbadging at all, your just improving the original (or lack thereof) badges.
Putting SRT, Hellcat, or Demon badges on anything less then what they are is upbadging.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,172 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I agree it does seem like a SRT badge but I completely disagree with him about it being an up-badge. That may be the nicest SXT badge I've seen. I would absolutely put it on your car. Makes no sense he would dog you out like that, does he drive a mustang? ha ha Put it on there and congrats on finding such a sweet badge. Enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,172 Posts
Tell your friend you agree with him, so are going to get this instead :D

A Guy

·
Registered
Granite 2015 SXT+ Blacktop
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the replies, showed my friend the thread and he conceded it indeed does not say SRT merely has the same font, which technically is not upbadging. LOL!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts