Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some ideas on a modern interpretation of this wheel for our cars...? Make/model, offset, tire size, etc....

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cragar still makes them ,why not check out their website ?
Good lead, here they are in 20's. They don't feel quite right w/o the stepped rim though. I wonder if there is another option out there...?

·
Banned
863 Posts
Good lead, here they are in 20's. They don't feel quite right w/o the stepped rim though. I wonder if there is another option out there...?
You hit the nail on the head. These "modern" day wheels lack the muscle like the early days. I don't like flat lip wheels.:disgust: Step lip rims rocked! Fikse, Centerline and a few others offer step lip in 18,19 & 20's.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
What are some ideas on a modern interpretation of this wheel for our cars...? Make/model, offset, tire size, etc....
I wanted a Cragar style 5 spoke chrome and ended up deciding between Boss 338's and Torq Thrust wheels. I ended up going with the Torq Thrust wheels in a 20x8.5 front and 20x10 rear with 295's on the back. I would have went with the Boss wheels had I not been given some bad information but the TQ wheels look okay.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I went with the 5-spoke 20" Cragars on mine. I like the look. Part number is 610C20911513. They are 20 x 9 all around with a 5.5" backspace and 13mm offset, with a 5 x 115mm bolt pattern.

I got them from Summit Racing which had a very competitive price and outstanding customer service IMO. They are heavier than stock at 43 lbs each, compared to the stock SRT8 Alcoas (27 lbs each). As a daily driver, I've had no issues with the wheel weight.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
269 Posts

You really need something that can give you the deep dish look of these crager 15" wheels. I have not seen it yet with the modern wheels for our car and may not be possible without major axle work. Actually I did see it on one of the Mr Norms Challengers, but they had modified the entire rear end.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Boss 338 in 20x10

1 - 10 of 10 Posts