Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just ordered a new 2017 GT in Whiteknuckle Clearcoat with every available option except the technology package. I did not like the look of the progressive cruise eyeball in the grill. Anyway, the first thing I'd like to do is get another set of wheels. i'd keep the stock wheels and tires as winter wheels and try to find a set of 20's that will fit. I'd love to buff up the stance a bit too by figuring out a way to lower the nose. Unlike the RWD Challengers, we can't run different size rims from front to back or the differential will fail. AND...As I understand it, the suspension/drivetrain is out of the Dodge Charger Pursuit AWD package. Does anyone know the specs on the system...it's been hard to track down.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I can't help you out but I plan on buying a GT also and don't care for the factory wheels so I would also like to know the answer.

Tire rack shows a bunch for the GT but not sure on the backspacing. They show a bunch of 18" and 20" so it looks like wheels will also cost you some tires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i just bought a gt and shopped for replacement wheels but because it comes with 19 inch wheels your options are very limited unless you want to buy tires also.

·
Registered
14,078 Posts
Search on Ebay for Charger AWD wheels and you will find a few. For a 20x8.5 you will need an offset in the 40-42 range.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I couldn't stand the stock wheels either. Found these 20x9 wheels at MRR in California with a offset of 35.
Those look pretty good. Any Issues with rubbing or hitting the fenders? Looks like they're outside the fender a little. Would more off set bring them back inside the lip of the fender or extend them farther out?

Could you take a pic down the side of the car from both the front and rear. Love the color...same one i ordered. I got the sunroof though.

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Thanks for posting those pictures!

Those 20's look great. I just assumed there had to be a reason they didn't put 20's on from the factory. In that one picture, you can see the tires don't stick out much at all.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Here are some more photos of the wheels
That's a great look, much more aggressive than the stock setup. Did the change in wheel size have any effect on the speedo? I'd be interested to hear why Dodge went with 19s instead of 20s.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It changed it very little....at 60mph I'm actually doing about 59.5 according to a tire size calculator my tire store showed me. I'm running 275/40/20 on both the front and back, which is the same size as the stock SRT tires.

·
Registered
14,078 Posts
I'd be interested to hear why Dodge went with 19s instead of 20s.
Dodge would probably say that the 235mm wide tread works better in the snow and the 19's give a little more ground clearance compared to the 18's that would have been their second choice.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It changed it very little....at 60mph I'm actually doing about 59.5 according to a tire size calculator my tire store showed me. I'm running 275/40/20 on both the front and back, which is the same size as the stock SRT tires.
That's a great looking set up. I think it would look great with some really sleek, well molded fender flares. BUT, I haven't found anyone making such a thing yet. Flares would give it that wide body look...anyone know if someone is making a TASTEFUL fender flare?

·
Registered
14,078 Posts
Demon flares and the Hellcat widebody 20x11 and 305/35-20's should work nice.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,759 Posts
That's a great looking set up. I think it would look great with some really sleek, well molded fender flares. BUT, I haven't found anyone making such a thing yet. Flares would give it that wide body look...anyone know if someone is making a TASTEFUL fender flare?
Not sure tasteful describes any add on flares. Perhaps add on flared fenders? Most are $$$, and the rears never look that good, example

2008-2017 Dodge Challenger Widebody Group 2 Bodykit

Welcome to Extreme Dimensions :: Item Group :: 2008-2017 Dodge Challenger Duraflex Novara Wide Body Kit - 4 Piece

Makes the Demons looks good...almost ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
570 Posts
Their may be good news on the horizon. With the advent of the Demon we should see a few aftermarket resellers come up with some different solutions? Some one like Weather Tech could jump into the game. That would bode well for a quality product.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
I put the stock Scat Pack wheels and tires off my 16 Shaker they are summer tires and I will put the all seasons that came with the GT back on in the fall that way I can use up the tread on the 20" wheels and save the all seasons for winter.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
UP3985, did you have any rubbing issues? So...are those just regular Challenger rims? I thoght someone commented in this thread that the GT would require a 40ish off set...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts