Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upgraded to Cervinis Ram Air CAI Kit. Have Air Aid CAI for 2011+ 5.7 / 6.4. Blue Dry Filter, all attachments and hardware. Unit only on car since September of this year.

Selling for $175

or wanting to trade for a Speedlogix 2 or 3 gauge A-Pillar pod

Item ready to ship from Savannah, GA.

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Did the Air Aid box rubber strip make a decent contact to the underside of the hood? How secure was the intake tube connection to the box/and filter? Any photos that are brighter?

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seal fitment

Did the Air Aid box rubber strip make a decent contact to the underside of the hood? How secure was the intake tube connection to the box/and filter? Any photos that are brighter?
Thanks for the response. Yes the Air Aid rubber seal mated very securely to the hood. there was enough pressure to leave visible seal indentions in the hood insulation pad.

I absolutely loved the Air Aid CAI. Only reason I switched out was because the wife bought me the Cervinis Ram Air Kit and I could not properly fit the under-hood air box with the Air Aid CAI. The performance was better than the K&N CAI I replaced previously. Just no need for both kits, and once you drill the hood for the Cervinis air box, you are committed to the kit.

Have all parts for kit. Only had it on car since September this year. You will need the intake tube as the kit does not come with one. I was using a modified K&N tube when I had it installed.

Attaching pictures of when I had it installed for reference. Let me know if still interested. First Come policy.

RT2011

IMG_5712.jpg

IMG_5746.jpg

IMG_5769.jpg

IMG_4552.jpg

IMG_4564.jpg

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks for the additional photos! Did you try this with the Cervini hood at all? I'm curious if it has any clearance issues, I'd like to try a different air box with the Cervini hood kit.

"and I could not properly fit the under-hood air box with the Air Aid CAI." what seemed to be the issue with the AirAid box and Cervini kit? Clearance I assume?

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2013 fitment

will this fit my 2013R/T? Looking to do some upgrades!

Thanks for the response. What kind of CAI are you running? If you have the stock air box or a Charger intake tube, this CAI will fit. I modified my K&N tube to fit as I had removed the OEM air box after I bought my car. All 2011+ RT have the same OEM air box setup as far as I am tracking.

RT2011

·
Registered
85 Posts
Do you know if this will fit a 2014 SRT?

Sorry for the stupid Q, but.... in the first photos, it looks like some parts (the tube) is missing. It's complete, right? I can just bolt this in my SRT and done?

Just re-read the original post, I am interested but..... I gotta find a tube. If it was complete, I would prolly buy it.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Tube not missing

Do you know if this will fit a 2014 SRT?

Sorry for the stupid Q, but.... in the first photos, it looks like some parts (the tube) is missing. It's complete, right? I can just bolt this in my SRT and done?

Just re-read the original post, I am interested but..... I gotta find a tube. If it was complete, I would prolly buy it.

The AirAid kit for the 2011+ Challengers does not come with the air tube. You have to either use the OEM tube assembly or use a 2011 Charger RT tube. It is a complete kit. I used my K&N tube (modified) to work with the e AirAid kit. You can check the kit out on-line and see there is no air tube included with 2011+ kits. Let me know if still interested. I can't use with current Cervinis Ram Air setup, air box is slightly off from where hood air box mates up.

Will take better pictures to show all components for sale.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts