Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received recall notice on my 2014 SRT8.As anybody had this done on your car and how long did it take?

·
Registered
853 Posts
My 13’ got called in. I dropped it early morning and they said it’ll take all day...yeah right. I had even pulled the glove box off and out so they had even less work.
Sat in the lobby and they told me it was ready after an hour. If they aren’t swamped I wouldn’t expect it to take longer than a couple hours. Just depends on the time and day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,049 Posts
Great info here as I just got another notice to do this in my car and my Wrangler. I’m always afraid to let anyone touch my things as the techs do NOT care about what they work on. It’s just a car in their mind.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My car tuned do I need to put it back to factory settings before I bring my car in for air bag recall?

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,518 Posts
My car tuned do I need to put it back to factory settings before I bring my car in for air bag recall?

you don't have to, but if you have a hand held tuner and can reload the stock tune with minimal effort, i would recommend you do that several days before taking it in. Give it long enough on the stock tune to run all the inspection monitors, in other words.

But if reloading the stock tune means returning to some shop and having them do it for you, i wouldnt worry about it...

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
I received recall notice on my 2014 SRT8.As anybody had this done on your car and how long did it take?
They will likely tell you it will take several hours, intending for you to leave it with them while you go into work or something. In reality, once they start on it, they will have the inflator(s) replaced relatively quickly...like an hour or less.

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
I have hand held.thanks
Then you can avoid some possible headaches I think by reloading stock tune and letting it settle in (basically get inspection ready) before taking to dealership for airbag recall.

That’s what I would do anyway, but getting the recall performed is the main thing. Whatever you do, make sure that gets done ASAP for safety and such, ya know.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,665 Posts
There is also always the possibility they will take it upon themselves to flash for any available updates unless you specifically tell them not to flash

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,184 Posts
took mine in, about a hour....

Had to pull the 392 out tho, installed a six banger so my warranty would not be void...…………..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts