Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All I am getting out of my climate system is cold air. Warm side doesn't really get warm. It did blow out somewhat humid air. I bought a new actuator and replaced it with no change except I don't notice the humid air when I put it to the warm side. There is heat vents for the back seats. Is it possible that the issue could be the dash controls themselves or should I take it to a dealership and have them calibrate it. Before I changed it my controls on the right side, floor, defrost, dash, etc. blinked a number of times before the air would start working. I didn't notice it blinking after I changed the actuator. Any opinions welcome.

Update. It is still acting like the actuator I replaced. Far right controller with the rear defrost button blinked 59 times then went into normal operating mode.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My wives 200 did the same thing, it was a plugged heater core. We blew it out with some air changed the antifreeze and haven't had trouble in over 3 years.

Mopar or No Car, Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
My wives 200 did the same thing, it was a plugged heater core. We blew it out with some air changed the antifreeze and haven't had trouble in over 3 years.

Mopar or No Car, Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Well there you go!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did the clog test with car off and reservoir cap off and drain plug pulled and it flowed freely from the drain plug by the thermostat.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,680 Posts
I believe there is a calibration needed after blend door actuator change? I know on older cars, it was a combination of knob settings. A Guy

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I believe there is a calibration needed after blend door actuator change? I know on older cars, it was a combination of knob settings. A Guy
On my Snap On Scanner I can do a reset on the door actuators. Fast and easy. Sweeps the doors in both directions and resets to center. The older mopars used to have problems with the actual doors breaking. But I haven't seen this problem on any of the newer models.

·
Registered
23 Posts
theres a few things you can try, first make sure u changed the correct acuator,two check to see if the door is moving freely,third there is a calibration or relearn on most type shop scanners

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think the actuator I changed was the one that was needed. But at least there is a new one in there. I need to get check the other one of which i'm not sure where it is. The one I was behind the glove box storage.

·
Registered
160 Posts
This post is old, but I'm gonna reply in case others read it. For 2011 through 2014 Challengers (all models), the actuator that controls hot/cold is on the driver side. There are two actuators on that side. The one that is further back and up is the hot/cold actuator. It's worth noting that this actuator is held in place using only two screws. You might think it has three because the actuator that is more easily visible has three - but there are only two. The screws are Torx T20 size. There isn't much space up in that area under the dash. I recommend using a mini ratchet tool "Neiko" PN 03044A to remove/replace the actuator screws. It comes with the T20 Torx bit. You can get it at Amazon.com or at Walmart. If you can't find this one, try searching for "mini ratchet."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts