Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Redeye
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that the passenger side air inlet is capped off.

Has anybody thought about or has plumbed the passenger side in the into the Airbox?

I looked at it and it seems pretty tight to be able to route the same diameter inlet into the airbox.
Has anyone just remove the cap to allow air in to cool the engine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I removed it for airflow , and I have read many post from others that have as well. as far as routing it to the air box, I thought about it but it just doesn't seem like there is room to do it

Reactions: Tape

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,496 Posts
someone on here routed a spectre? or other hose to the airbox and cut in and cyliconed some kind of collar to it. Not worth it in my opinion. It was back in 2015 when this mod first started.

·
Registered
2021 Redeye
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I removed it for airflow , and I have read many post from others that have as well. as far as routing it to the air box, I thought about it but it just doesn't seem like there is room to do it
Yeah it does seem kind of tight

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,706 Posts
Not to the airbox, but

Thought I remembered seeing a silver flex tube run to the air box, but so many posts...

A Guy

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Not to the airbox, but

Thought I remembered seeing a silver flex tube run to the air box, but so many posts...

A Guy
anyone have a picture where the water should drain to if you use a tube? Is there a picture of where the water should end up at somewhere where it's safe from electronics and could drain out to the ground? The video says it ends up in the maintenance pan.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,706 Posts
Honestly, his seems to point towards the belt/alternator. I'd not do that.

If I wanted that side open, I'd say just open it and be done, at most, maybe a 90° elbow pointing straight down

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,496 Posts
I removed the center cap on my passenger side but I put the cap from a newer one in the back of the light (It pushes in snug). I remove it when the car is in storage to hook up my trickle charger.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Honestly, his seems to point towards the belt/alternator. I'd not do that.

If I wanted that side open, I'd say just open it and be done, at most, maybe a 90° elbow pointing straight down

A Guy
thanks yeah I was thinking it looked pretty crowded in there, and i'm worried maybe it will melt the plastic when it's gets hot. Where would it lead to if say it were aimed 90 degrees to the ground would the water go the ground? Is it in danger of any electronics?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I removed the center cap on my passenger side but I put the cap from a newer one in the back of the light (It pushes in snug). I remove it when the car is in storage to hook up my trickle charger.

That's a pretty good idea for the trickle charging.

Was looking at this video it says you could also plug it into the cig lighter port to charge. Is that an easier option? Not sure how it draws power from the charger instead of the giving power

What charger do you use any link to the product. Helpful for future reference if I get a second car as a beater. I kinda hate worrying about parking all the time

1 - 10 of 10 Posts