Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys.
I'd like to share my experience with Airaid 351-210 Intake System with SynthaMax Dry Filter

Not satisfied with my 485 hp...:laugh2: I've decided to tune up my car with a new CAI.

before Give you my final considerations,
I'd like to share some facts.

With the Stock air-box, my Intake Air Temp( IAT) in a 65mph run was about 8-9 F higher then outside temp. at the light IAT increases slowly.

With Airaid in a 65mph run IAT is 6F higher ;after a 2min stop IAT increases very fast but once you accelerate IAT drops even faster.

With Airaid +open front light in a 65mph run still 6F ; after a 2min stop IAT increases very fast but once you accelerate IAT drops even faster.

with Airaid +open front light +'Hellcat; conduct+ some heat insulation in a 65mph run : IAT is 5F higher then Outsid temp. after a 2min stop IAT increases very fast but once you accelerate IAT drops even faster.

I think the main problem of the fast increase in temp is depending from 4 factors : 1. radiator heat. 2. cooling liquid expansion tank( sit behind the intake) 3. engine heat 4. METAL Barriers for the new CAI ( always very very hot!)

FINAL CONSIDERATIONS
deeper sound, cool Item to show.
no suitable change in Mileage.
a better Flow, and lower IAT. I'm not sure how much Hp increase a 3F drop can give though. No Dyno but not notable change in Power.
even e new PCM will give you just 8hp more ( on top of 485...)
from now on, I will spend my money to increase the performance in the turns ( i like roadcourse) like lower Springs, new tires, and reinforcing the chassis of the car (i.e sway bars)

Hope this help.

Fly

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally someone else who likes the twisties in their Challenger! It ain't all about the stoplight grand prix.
Yep.
So much fun for me. Once I fix my brakes problem i definetely start the process for a better stability..

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have the AIRAID intake on my SP also. Love it, but just for the looks. Folks really get wrapped up about the CAI's and there's no point really. They make very little difference in performance... for regular street driving at least. They do breath better and it might get someone a tenth or two in the 1/4... maybe a little better on a road course also. But, for the majority of us that will just drive them on the street it comes down to looks really... and, a little more sound.

Here's mine...

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my airaid intake installed yesterday. My air intake temps seems kind of high they range from 140-150. When I start driving it dips down to like 125-120. I do live in Arizona which is hot as heck outside. Just need some clarification lol

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,612 Posts
My stock 2015 Charger R/T with Road and Track, IAT would approach 140-150 stuck in traffic on hot Pittsburgh summer day (90ish). When driving under load for a bit so there is airflow, they typically would drop to about 12° above ambient, as low as 9° sometimes, but typically about 12°. My 392 Shaker seems to be just about the same so far, if anything it is higher.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts