Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Maryland Speed is a good company to deal with. If I was buying a CAI for my 3.6. that's the one I would go with.

I like the look, but I question any HP gains by it having to make a 90* turn, and then a 45* turn.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Maryland Speed is a good company to deal with. If I was buying a CAI for my 3.6. that's the one I would go with.

I like the look, but I question any HP gains by it having to make a 90* turn, and then a 45* turn.
That, and: #1) the heat shield looks a little "light", and #2) isn't the tube metal? Both of those equal warmer/hotter air entering. Personally, I don't see this being an improvement over the stock CAI the factory built your car with.

The Airaid cost about the same and many members are pleased with it, and if you search around you can probably find a sale or incentive on it. I bought mine new for about $185. from an online special from Advanced Auto Parts a month ago (has since ended).

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I've got the K&N. Fit and finish is OEM, sound is great, cheaper than the Mopar. None of them are going to give you any power without a tune.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
save your $$$ unless you just need bling, the 3.6L intake is already high quality in performance

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
None of them are going to give you any power without a tune.

Still spreading lies, so sad. You could be honest and tell the truth
some useable power if your a track guy, drop in filter not bad trade off for money vs
power gain, even with a drop in filter your exhaust gets a little louder
with no other changes. A tuner would help even more.

But instead you keep telling myths and lies and old wifes tales.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Still spreading lies, so sad. You could be honest and tell the truth
some useable power if your a track guy, drop in filter not bad trade off for money vs
power gain, even with a drop in filter your exhaust gets a little louder
with no other changes. A tuner would help even more.

But instead you keep telling myths and lies and old wifes tales.
Um, pretty sure I flat out said the intake improved sound. I've got close to 7500 miles on my car now. If there was any appreciable difference in performance I'd say so. Promise. Also pretty sure I said no power gain "without a tuner". I didn't scroll up, but I think that's a direct quote.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
comparing cost vs performance improvement for power gains a tuner is far better investment than new intake.
That being said a new intake may net you conservatively about 5 hp increase.
They do look good and can be beneficial in an overall mod plan to improve performance.
An intake by itself though will offer no appreciable performance gains beyond looking good and improving intake/exhaust sound...maybe.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a weapon-r intake CAI, idk how much it gain on hp it did improve mpgs and changed the note on stock exhaust, when I first got it was my first mod, then I took off resos and mufflers just left cats, after that I got the trinity with 93octane tune on it I'm getting it dyno in a few days.

·
Registered
610 Posts
ohio speed a vendor here just sold me one for my rt super cheap ..pmed them!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts