Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hav a 09 challenger rt, I want to change my air intake system. My question is wat is a good cai and if i shuld go with a bigger TB or bore out the factory TB? Also shuld i bother with porting my intake manifold or buy a upgraded one? I’ve had tranny work done, better clutch installed, as far as performance i got a 93 octane tune, cam, LT headers with catless mids and a borla attak muffler. Im trying to get the easy stuff dun b4 i take it to a shop to get bored and maybe stroked.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,172 Posts
Unless you prefer the look, the stock box flows damn good. I would get the air tube from a Charger (no wart) and a dry washable air filter like an AEM. Before I learned this installed a K&N CAI. I prefer the plastic tube they use to other brands metal tube. Grab a used Predator tuner, load the 93 octane tune, fill will 93 gas and burn rubber.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
314 Posts
I've had the K&N intake and the Hellcat lower airbox intake (current). The K&N definitely performs better than the hellcat airbox, (better throttle response), but I preferred the stock look of the Hellcat airbox which is why I switched. If you don't mind the look of the K&N intake, get that, but get a dry washable filter, NOT the oiled filter (I believe K&N has a blue dry filter you can buy separately instead of their signature red oiled one). The K&N is also not a great "oem" fit, you can make it work but it takes a little tweaking to get the tube in just right.

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
I've had the K&N intake and the Hellcat lower airbox intake (current). The K&N definitely performs better than the hellcat airbox, (better throttle response), but I preferred the stock look of the Hellcat airbox which is why I switched. If you don't mind the look of the K&N intake, get that, but get a dry washable filter, NOT the oiled filter (I believe K&N has a blue dry filter you can buy separately instead of their signature red oiled one). The K&N is also not a great "oem" fit, you can make it work but it takes a little tweaking to get the tube in just right.
he has an '09, not that it would not benefit from the opening in the front of the air box, it would, but will the opening in the bottom be the same? That and and AEM drop in dry filter is all I run in my 2015, with the air catcher tube and the Charger tube without a silencer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts