Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've been wandering about air suspension for mine. What do u think about yours, How dose it ride compared to stock, do the srt pages have any effect? Any information would be great. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,723 Posts
I think it adds a bit of weight we really don't need.
The nice thing about a Hellcat is that extra weight can be offset by extra power (that can't be hooked up anyway :D). A pulley change and a tune can bring things back in balance pretty easily.

Personally, I'd like to do the same thing that Guitar2323 did and bag Ruby (too cheap to do it though).

By the way Guitar2323, your Hellcat is SICK! (y)

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the only added weight is the compressors,tank and controller. But the front strut assemblies(bagged ones)are less weight then the oem and I think the rear set up is a wash between the air ride and oem setup. For as much as the positive feedback and awe factor I get from just about everyone that sees the car in person,it’s worth it. I’m not out drag racing. I’m just riding around. peace.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The nice thing about a Hellcat is that extra weight can be offset by extra power (that can't be hooked up anyway :D). A pulley change and a tune can bring things back in balance pretty easily.

Personally, I'd like to do the same thing that Guitar2323 did and bag Ruby (too cheap to do it though).

By the way Guitar2323, your Hellcat is SICK! (y)
Thanks pal. 👊🏻👊🏻👊🏻

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,723 Posts
You're Welcome!

By the way, did you see that Accuair just closed it's doors after 18 years? They are now out of business according to their Instagram page.

Originally Posted by AccuAir

With very heavy hearts we must announce that AccuAir Suspension is permanently closed as of today. After 18 years of relentless blood, sweat, and tears, the COVID-19 pandemic has proven insurmountable for the business. The California closure that was expected to last only 2 weeks has now been extended through the end of April or possibly longer. Our dedicated team members and founders fought relentlessly, but a final decision from our investors forced this devastating outcome.

Words cannot express the gratitude that we have for the many customers that loyally supported AccuAir over the past 18 years and made it possible for us to create the most innovative products in the industry. Although the end is bitter, our role in making aftermarket air suspension grow from niche to mainstream was pretty sweet. The many families that our business provided for (both internal and external) and the many close relationships developed over all those years offers us some consolation that it wasn't "all for nothing."

For those of you that have an open order or pending RMA, you'll be contacted by the bankruptcy court to resolve all creditor claims. Unfortunately, all operations have been stopped and there is no staff to address your questions.

We know that many other companies are facing similar challenges (or will be soon) and many jobs have already been lost. We wish the very best to all of you during this unprecedented time.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're Welcome!

By the way, did you see that Accuair just closed it's doors after 18 years? They are now out of business according to their Instagram page.

Originally Posted by AccuAir

With very heavy hearts we must announce that AccuAir Suspension is permanently closed as of today. After 18 years of relentless blood, sweat, and tears, the COVID-19 pandemic has proven insurmountable for the business. The California closure that was expected to last only 2 weeks has now been extended through the end of April or possibly longer. Our dedicated team members and founders fought relentlessly, but a final decision from our investors forced this devastating outcome.

Words cannot express the gratitude that we have for the many customers that loyally supported AccuAir over the past 18 years and made it possible for us to create the most innovative products in the industry. Although the end is bitter, our role in making aftermarket air suspension grow from niche to mainstream was pretty sweet. The many families that our business provided for (both internal and external) and the many close relationships developed over all those years offers us some consolation that it wasn't "all for nothing."

For those of you that have an open order or pending RMA, you'll be contacted by the bankruptcy court to resolve all creditor claims. Unfortunately, all operations have been stopped and there is no staff to address your questions.

We know that many other companies are facing similar challenges (or will be soon) and many jobs have already been lost. We wish the very best to all of you during this unprecedented time.
Wow. That stinks. I have AirLift parts. I hope they don’t go out of business as well. AirLift is a pretty big company that deal with all types of trucks too.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,723 Posts
Good choice on the Airlift stuff. After seing yours and a few other Challenger's, I was thinking of ordering an Accuair CVT setup along with their e-level and now I'm glad that I didn't do it!

Procrastination does pay off sometimes! :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
the only added weight is the compressors,tank and controller. But the front strut assemblies(bagged ones)are less weight then the oem and I think the rear set up is a wash between the air ride and oem setup. For as much as the positive feedback and awe factor I get from just about everyone that sees the car in person,it’s worth it. I’m not out drag racing. I’m just riding around. peace.
Awesome. Thanks man for the input it was helpful as well. I was starting to think about doing coilovers. I'm still up in the air atm on what I want to do. I like to drive my car pretty aggressively on back roads & I would like to take it to a track day hopefully so idk about air bag. There have been people that have done well with air lift suspension on the track. They have also been in nascar, drag racing & other motorsports for decades. Coilovers have been as well but once it's set then it's set tell u crank it back up again. U can't pick it up for speed bumps of bad driveways.

How do the ride settings come in to effect with air ride? I figured all of that is gone really because your taking the adjustable shock out but idk if it can be kept or not.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts