Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I purchased the AIRAID CAI System for my 2013 Challenger RT and was pretty disappointed to learn it utilized the stock tube. Does anyone out there know of anyway to get just a CAI tube that's aftermarket that will work with the AIRAID kit? ImageUploadedByAG Free1392681925.414019.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
No intake tube is why the Airaid is the lowest priced and easiest installed CAI.

Some would argue a full CAI with the smooth intake tube would allow air to flow easier/quicker for better performance; some would say the stock tube is not restrictive. IMO, if the full CAI with smooth intake tube does allow better airflow, it probably doesn't make a significant difference.

As for sound, I just installed the Airaid on my 3.6 two weeks ago, and found overall it is a slightly louder than the stock intake, as expected. Using a plastic or metal intake probably adds a slight bit more sound than the stock rubber intake, which tends to muffle it.

Overall, we're talking minor differences here.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Delete Intake Resonator

Some guys with the 5.7 have removed the intake resonator and blocked the opening, which is supposed to improve the sound and possibly air flow.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I removed my entire intake from my 2014 RT and replaced it with a 2011 Charger intake without the resonator (aka Wart).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Charger intake tube Mopar Part # 4861940AC Clean air Duct. I have this setup on my 2012 R/T (clean air tube & Airaid). I like it.

FWIW, Airaid says their test show no difference in performance with their CAI with the stock tube vs a clean tube setup.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Do what phillm47 said, use the Charger intake. THEN you can install a Billet Tech Catch Can on the front of the engine, for easier hose routing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Might go the charger intake route just searching for pics and more info on it. Already bought a BT catch can and a fender bracket unfortunately before finding this info about a different tube.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok think that's what I'm going to go with mind if I ask what the charger intakes run price wise? Guess It'll be good to have the freedom of being able to fender mount or engine mount my BT Catch Can.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts