Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking to upgrade my cold air intake from my stock 2014 dodge challenger srt8. One is on CARID, called the AIRAID MXP Series Dam High-Density Polyethylene Cold Air Intake System synthaflow for $375. One is on american muscle called Airaid cold air Dam intake w/ synthaflow oiled filter on sale for $244 (normally $305) . I want a high performance filter, any suggestions are appreciated. I just want to see if the extra $136 is worth it, or if I should go with something else. Thank you !!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Your stock system is just as good. Unless it's for looks save your money. If your intake tube has "the wart" just buy an intake tube from a Charger. They don't have the wart (Silencer).

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
135 Posts
If your intake tube has "the wart" just buy an intake tube from a Charger. They don't have the wart (Silencer).
What is the Charger tube PN?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,741 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I took a picture of my air inlet tube. Is this the standard setup? Is the box on the left removed with the 4861940AC tube? Thanks!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes the Charger tube does not have that box on the left. That's what they call the wart....
What purpose does it serve?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,741 Posts
It's a resonator of sorts. Keep the intake quieter...unless you believe this

Real world experiences by members here have noticed no performance change either way

A Guy

·
Registered
135 Posts
It's a resonator of sorts. Keep the intake quieter...unless you believe this

Real world experiences by members here have noticed no performance change either way

A Guy
So save ~$100 and keep it rather than replacing with Charger tube?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,741 Posts
If you need the space for a catch can, go for it. I'd not worry about any performance hit

A Guy

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you need the space for a catch can, go for it. I'd not worry about any performance hit

A Guy
The $100 I saved would buy a CC but you are saying I need to remove the box...bottom line is now $200+ in the red. ;)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,741 Posts
No, you said that :) You can also fender mount the CC and leave the tube be ;)

A Guy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts