Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering a cold air intake for my car, and I'm really leaning towards Airaid. People seem to love the looks and sound. I was wondering if you're filters just require them to be flushed out with water, or do you have to re oil the entire filter, like K&N?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'm considering a cold air intake for my car, and I'm really leaning towards Airaid. People seem to love the looks and sound. I was wondering if you're filters just require them to be flushed out with water, or do you have to re oil the entire filter, like K&N?

Thanks in advance
Hello OmahaRumble,

We offers filters in both versions. So what ever your personal preference is, we have got you covered.

P/N # 350-199 (Oiled)

P/N # 351-199 (NON-Oiled)

Any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
146 Posts
How does the non-oiled compare to the oiled version regarding filtration? Are the filters a different composition?

·
Registered
215 Posts
How does the non-oiled compare to the oiled version regarding filtration? Are the filters a different composition?
Hello cujo,

The SynthaFlow (Oiled) is 4 layers of cotton gauze and incorporates a 5th layer of synthetic material.

The SynthaMax (NON-Oiled) is a 2 layer fully synthetic air filter.

both filters are going to offer more than adequate Air flow and filtration.

The SynthaFlow (Oiled) is going to offer the best balance of AirFlow and Filtration of any performance filter on the market today!

The SynthaFlow (Oil) based filter can be restored to 100% Full efficiency after every cleaning, where as the SynthaMax (Non-Oiled) filter can not.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
146 Posts
So I'm reading that the oiled filter, even though a little more maintenance, is the better performing of the two?

I've been holding off for a while going for a CAI, and like the Airaid solution. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
215 Posts
So I'm reading that the oiled filter, even though a little more maintenance, is the better performing of the two?

I've been holding off for a while going for a CAI, and like the Airaid solution. Thanks for the info.
Hello cujo,

You are correct and very welcome.

Any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
David

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you so much for the good info, David! I guess the main reason I would go with the non-oiled is that I hear that stuff can get into your MAF screen and cause problems. I knew this to be true with K&N, but wondered how your oil compares. I guess as long as you don't OVER oil it, it should be fine.

With the non-oiled filter I wouldn't have to worry about that at all, except for the fact that it doesn't perform as good as the oiled.

Also how much do your kits run?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thank you so much for the good info, David! I guess the main reason I would go with the non-oiled is that I hear that stuff can get into your MAF screen and cause problems. I knew this to be true with K&N, but wondered how your oil compares. I guess as long as you don't OVER oil it, it should be fine.

With the non-oiled filter I wouldn't have to worry about that at all, except for the fact that it doesn't perform as good as the oiled.

Also how much do your kits run?
Hello OmahaRumble,

Any of the "Oil" Myths/Concerns are completely irrelevant as the Dodge Challenger 5.7L / 6.1L engines do not have a MAF sensor, they use a Speed Density set up and there are not any sensors in the system to potentially foul up, so go wth which ever filter you prefer.

Contact JDP Motorsports (1-888-308-6007), Tell them your a member here and they will fix you up with a great price!

Thanks,
David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts