Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed an NRG hub, quick release and a grip royal wheel, I had to remove the clock spring and obviously the airbag. Now I have an airbag light and a traction control light. Does anyone know the output of the airbag wire or what specific resistor I need to turn off the lights?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,268 Posts
For pinouts go here

for wiring diagrams and service info go here

I thought you might be able to suppress using alfaobd but there is no configuration setting for that.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Your traction/stability light is probably because your clock spring assembly is gone. The cars computer needs to know where the steering wheel is pointed (although I’m not exactly sure where it’s grabbing that information).

hopefully this is a race car because you killed some really worthwhile systems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your traction/stability light is probably because your clock spring assembly is gone. The cars computer needs to know where the steering wheel is pointed (although I’m not exactly sure where it’s grabbing that information).

hopefully this is a race car because you killed some really worthwhile systems.
If I can get the clock spring back in, what do I lose not running a driver side airbag? And is there any resistor i can plug in the airbag connector to get rid of the light?(I don’t know the output of the connector)

·
Premium Member
4,347 Posts
If I can get the clock spring back in, what do I lose not running a driver side airbag? And is there any resistor i can plug in the airbag connector to get rid of the light?(I don’t know the output of the connector)
"what do I lose not running a driver side airbag?"

Possibly your life. My Father was an Engineer for GM, spent 22 years in the Supplemental Restraint Department. He told me ANY front crash type impact over 40 MPH, could kill you, even with airbags. It's not the impact, it's the sudden deceleration. With NO airbags, you are relying on the seatbelt to save your life. You'll likely snap your neck.
Remember you only get 1 life.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts