Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On my 2011 challenger R/T. I do not use it for a street car. It was wrecked and I bought it to fix up basically for the track. I have remove the airbags and fixed the car everything is good but I was wondering if there was a way to disable the airbag light or bypass it somehow? I will never put airbags in it. Any ideas that doesn't involve taking the instrument cluster out and removing/breaking the light bulb?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Try pulling fuse 27 from the rear fuse box. It controls the Occupant Control Module which controls the air bag stuff. I can't find anything else short of pulling the light (or disconnecting all the parts of the OCM).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks proximo! I tried that and even disconnected the airbag control module along with it and it didn't work. So I got a little frustrated and pulled the instrument gauge cluster out, took it apart, and broke the little LED. It took all of 15-20 minutes and I must say. I am happy about it!! Haha!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just ran into the same problem. I was sold a 14 challenger and am wondering what can I do to remove the airbag light? What options do I have besides pulling the cluster? By pulling the cluster and breaking the light will it damage my cluster board on my 14? Is there an obd 2 or something which can bypass it or deactivate the light? Please let me know.
Thanks...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts