Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...so I picked up a “project” challenger....doesn’t need much but the other day I noticed the airbag light was on and stayed on. The airbags have never been deployed and I am 90% sure it wasn’t on when I purchased the car. I have been doing a bit of cleaning etc....I noticed the light was on so I tried resetting the dash. Stays on...then I removed the steering wheel setup to check the connections and all seem good. I checked under the driver seat, reseated the connections...everything was fine. Under the passenger seat I found some suspicious wires that have been severed. They come out of the floor, purple with blue stripe white with blue stripe. The thing is I can’t find where they have been severed or plug they have been pulled from. This is the right side under the passenger seat. I can see a female plug that is in the pic but no male...I don’t have a wire harness reference and so far I am stumped on what could cause the light. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,210 Posts
that may be the sensor for the seat occupancy for the pass. side airbag

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that may be the sensor for the seat occupancy for the pass. side airbag
That was my thought but I can't find a plug they have been pulled from...anyone know of a wire harness diagram to find out the what Purple/blue stripe and White/blue stripe wire is for?

·
Registered
120 Posts
You need a scan tool to know what you are doing. The code will let you know what circuit or component you are having a problem with. Looking for loose connections etc... is not going to help you. Even if you find something disconnected the SRS light will not reset by itself. The code must be cleared in order to reset the light.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I'm not sure about FCAs position statement on SRS wiring. Many manufacturers do not allow any repair to SRS wiring. If you take it to the dealer, and those are cut, SRS wires, you could be looking at $3,000 - $5,000 for a full body harness, install.

Just be warned.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
That was my thought but I can't find a plug they have been pulled from...anyone know of a wire harness diagram to find out the what Purple/blue stripe and White/blue stripe wire is for?
You can get pinout info here

Mopar Connection Repair Kit

As for repairing harness, my 2015 has a procedure (not much different from any other wire repair).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I was surprised to see they recommend a repair method. :surprise:
When I was working for Ford, a little dog, chewed the wires under the seat of a Ford Explore, that was 3 months old. The repair was $5,500 and not covered under warranty, but was covered by the auto insurance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts