Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone purchased or anyone know the part#'s for the Akebono Performance pads front and back for the 19' SP WB? Every moron online and in the stores that can order them, keep ordering the backs or just the wrong ones period. I've also been getting mixed info on the part numbers in my search for the right pads online (my Googliness is sucking).

Thanks to the motorhead that can help me out.

Cad

·
Registered
2011 R/T STP M6
66 Posts
Hey bud,

Check compatibility based on if you have the Brembos or not but:

Front: ASP1149
Rear: ASP1053

·
Registered
2011 R/T STP M6
66 Posts
They only come with Brembo's right? And you just posted bad info... the 1149s are 4 piston, not 6 piston.
Yea, my bad man. I forgot the Brembos come with the Widebody package.

So far, I've looked on TireRack, Pep Boys, Advance Auto Parts, and NAPA. They all recommend the same numbers, even for the sites that are advanced enough to let you specify that you have the Widebody package.

Based on what I'm seeing, I'm assuming they don't make a compatible pad for the front if you're looking for their "Street Performance" pads. The rear is accurate for their Street Performance pads for the Brembo.

The option that you do have is to go with their ProAct series for the front for which the part number is ACT1058

Call them on Monday, they're open until 5PM: 248.489.7400

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That may be a possibility because I've noticed the same. Most retailers don't even go down far enough on the submodel list (WB). I went ahead and reached out to Akebono, but may just go ahead and get the Powerstop Z23's everyone is talking about.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,868 Posts
Possible Akebono doesn't make pads for the 6 Piston Brembos. This is the Akebono part lookup

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,806 Posts
I put Akebono's on our daily driver and they are Great pads, but our 2015 SRT 392 (same Brembo brakes as yours) has Powerstop Z23 pads on her and they work as well as the Akebono's do. I'd recommend looking into them because they are good pads after bedding them in. They also have Z26 pads if you want something more aggressive.

I picked the Z23 pads because I don't track Ruby and wanted pads that wouldn't dust as much as the OEM Brembo's (terrible dust) and worked. The Z23's do that and are also priced well.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I contacted Akebono about getting their pads for my 6 piston calipers and they don’t make them. Forget the “Z” pads and go Stop Tech “street” pads. Maybe a smidge more dust than the Z’s but a lot less dust than Brembo and performance is par with OE Brembo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts