Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my RT Challenger and I'm worried someone will steal it. So I could sleep in my Challenger with a Musket every night or get an alarm.
So far I've looked at Viper, Viper GPS app, Zoombak, Lojack and street eagle. What do you guys recommended as the best protection for my ride?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Love the black on black stripes!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I just bought my RT Challenger and I'm worried someone will steal it. So I could sleep in my Challenger with a Musket every night or get an alarm.
So far I've looked at Viper, Viper GPS app, Zoombak, Lojack and street eagle. What do you guys recommended as the best protection for my ride?
If they want it badly enough, they will get it. Make sure you keep your insurance up and stop worrying about something you have little control over.

·
Registered
159 Posts
..Hilarious.

I've been worrying about what black stripes are going to look like on my black SRT - but these do look great!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Your car already has an alarm system.

·
Banned
675 Posts
Get ya a doberman alarm system

·
Registered
53 Posts
Tape that picture to the driver's side window with a note that says, "Don't even think about it." That should do the trick.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Actually, they are pretty easy to steal. Without details, all you need is to be in a parking lot and lock the car with the fob and have someone nearby that wants your car that has a digital signal generator and a digital signal processor, and he now has your car.
Probably will never happen, but it can. That's how I got mine! (Not really)
Insure the daylights out of it, Buy a Big dog, Beretta, Taser, Musket, and a backhoe for the evidence. Just kidding.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well as always my ideas are about 5 years ahead of the tech that is available! Viper and Mopar are about to come out with gps tracking but what about the GPS antenna that is mounted to my roof for my NAV system, why cant that be used.
What I really wanted to do is install pinhole cameras with mic and gps tracking via internet, but there is no hardware out there that the CIA doesn't release yet.
It is a simple plan.
Wireless IP security camera.
Rooted Cell phone with always on Hot spot for camera to send images to the web hardwired into car in the trunk next to battery.
Then I can track then and see there pretty Mug Shot so I know who to look for.
But the tech isn't there just yet :(

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
i suggest the trunk monkey, or get a sign company to make one of those magnetic signs saying "sheriff swat team".

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hey, I thought I was the only R/T built black on black with the black stripes:scratchhead:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Awesome. I've long wondered why OnStar isn't available on EVERY vehicle. The safety features are something everyone should have access to. Will have to check out this Mopar one.
You dont need onstar, You can get a GPS tracker put on your car for about $200, and a subscription of $20 to $30 a month. You can hardwire them in as well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts