Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked up a 2014 PCP SRT8 Challenger...is there any members from Alaska on here nowadays? Its been awhile since any have posted.

I'm not new to Dodge either, I still have my 2007 R/T Charger.

·
Premium Member
N/A
1,814 Posts
Very nice you have good tastes

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
2,020 Posts
There are at least 2-3 of us who post occasionally. Are you planning to go to the track at all? Test and Tune is this Wednesday. The 392 is a nice boost in power. Nice looking color with the wheels.

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Welcome from Poulsbo WA

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are at least 2-3 of us who post occasionally. Are you planning to go to the track at all? Test and Tune is this Wednesday. The 392 is a nice boost in power. Nice looking color with the wheels.
I may take it to the track this summer, but I wanna do it after I throw in an exhaust and intake to make it breath a little better. Also I need to master that Launch Control too haha

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm new to the Challenger community, ordered a 2014 R/T this winter, delivered in February, and now enjoying the summer driving. I'm interested in going to the track this summer and would appreciate any advice to get a good run. Looking to establish a base line before adding modifications

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm new to the Challenger community, ordered a 2014 R/T this winter, delivered in February, and now enjoying the summer driving. I'm interested in going to the track this summer and would appreciate any advice to get a good run. Looking to establish a base line before adding modifications

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
When I ran my Charger R/T out there, I made sure to take off all the extra weight...spare tire and what not. Also, we have one of the more "cooler" tracks (as in colder air up here) so that helps with the engine a little. Is your R/T stick or manual?

·
Registered
610 Posts
i used to be in Juneau... but as with Juneau.. there is nowhere to drive hahahah

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Beauty! Love PCP with those wheels.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Just moved to AK, Anchorage to be exact. Anyone in the area at all? Looking to see if there is a community already. I hear there are races in Palmer. Looking for some action before the winter sets...

·
Registered
474 Posts
Just moved to AK, Anchorage to be exact. Anyone in the area at all? Looking to see if there is a community already. I hear there are races in Palmer. Looking for some action before the winter sets...
Welcome to Alaska! I also live in the Anchorage area and own a 2014 R/T Classic. There are several car clubs in the area, but none (that I am aware of) specifically devoted to Challengers. Midnight Sun is one of the more prominent clubs in the area, and is open to vehicles of current and past generations. Car show season is somewhat limited here because of the weather, and most have already concluded their season's schedule of events. Palmer has a 1/4 mile drag strip, Alaska Raceway Park, however it's also closed for the season. Below is a link to the car clubs in the area:

Alaska Classic Car & Truck Clubs

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Welcome to Alaska! I also live in the Anchorage ... Below is a link to the car clubs in the area:

Alaska Classic Car & Truck Clubs
Hey Phantom372. Thanks a ton for the reply. I thought I responded to this a while ago. I checked out the links - it's gotten me pretty stoked for next season. Hope to see you out there!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Come on Alaska, we can do better this this for the Regional Forum. I'm starting a club for us 49's. Who's in? Bring it!!

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
You're the guy I have been looking for Stomper! I was going to do a huge push earlier this year to try and stir up interest, and try to find some folks to run a club, but work got in the way. I was president of RPC3 in Europe and was looking to start AKC3 here (C3 for Charger, Challenger, Chrysler 300, but really any variant of the LC/LS chassis.) Anyway, like I said, time and work got in the way.

I'd love to be your behind the scenes guy and take care of the website and some social stuff. There are just too many sweet ass rides floating around here and the scenery is just too beautiful to not take advantage of some wicked 30 car cruises!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello SKi, I'm so glad you responded! Great minds do think alike and we definitely need to work together to get this adventure going in Alaska. I checked out the RPC3 site and it appears we have similar backgrounds. I'm a former president of a very active car club in Missouri and I’d love to unify the Anchorage/MatSu Dodge modern muscle car community. I’m glad to hear you have a background as a webmaster and social media stuff which are my weak points. I'm super excited to see this club take flight. Let’s meet up for a chat. I live in the Valley but travel to Anchorage for the daily commute and weekends tend to work best for me. How about you?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Time to reignite this-

So, I’m a bit west of Alaska right now, but will be back that way again in an unmentioned number of months. Trying to see who’s around, and who wants to help spirit guide the new dude into showing up in Palmer for (hopefully) sometime in the coming drag season.

What say you? Wanna help a new dude run his first quarter? >:)

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
2,020 Posts
There are a couple of active mopar groups. There is Alaska SRT (you have to have any kind/year SRT) to join but at the track I would say anyone is welcome to hang out. There is also Great State Challengers another mopar group. They are a bit less track active but everyone is welcoming. The first day of drag racing is mothers day assuming weather cooperates. Test and tune is at least twice a month on Wednesday evenings. Racing is most weekends and an occasional Friday evening. You have to have a snell and dot approved helmet (I think 2005 or later but not sure). Long sleeve shirt, long pants and shoes/boots. The car does have to pass tech each day. The last day of drag racing is labor day. I would be happy to help if I can.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts