Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just placed an order Aug 31st for a Challenger R/T. I don't have my order details yet but should soon. I'm hoping to keep an eye out for dealership orders that match my order to speed things along.

I know Canada likely isn't getting the same number of dealer orders since we have impending winter, but was hoping local guys on the lookout would share dealer findings.

Thanks

(As a heads up on what I ordered:)
Challenger R/T
Automatic
Phantom Black
Super Trac Pak
Ruby Red/Black Interior
Sound Group II
Navigation

Ordered from Varsity Chrysler, I live in Airdrie.

Thanks

·
Registered
342 Posts
I havent seen any here yet. I know the dealership i ordered mineat,there were 2 hellcats also on order. I know mine is built,ordered Aug 9, but thats it. I was told Nov 1st delivery(12 weeks)and i am waiting for that. Hope its a late snow here this year. Have to get winter tires, ASAP.
I walk the lot a couple times a week, will keep my eye out.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
FYI I do have a Car hauler that can be hired for a reasonable rate ($100 within 100 km)It has a front air dam and extra ramps to protect the front spoiler. Winch, if required, as well.

·
Registered
342 Posts
My car is in KZM. Dealer said it shouldnt take too long now, but how long is that? 2,3,4,5 weeks?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rail car from Ontario to Alberta plus a truck, you wouldn't think it would take any longer than a week, but probably no more than two (I would desperately hope)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Right on

·
Registered
342 Posts
Woohoo, its here!!!
Its gonna have to sit at the dealership for a couple of weeks. Its over a month early and i dont have the money in place yet. They quoted me Nov 1st a few times. Last saturday, they said another month to go. And now its here. Shitty!
Heading there around 6, after work. Will get pics, if not too dark.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Woohoo, its here!!!
Its gonna have to sit at the dealership for a couple of weeks. Its over a month early and i dont have the money in place yet. They quoted me Nov 1st a few times. Last saturday, they said another month to go. And now its here. Shitty!
Heading there around 6, after work. Will get pics, if not too dark.

Finance it man, and pay it off lump sum when you get the cash. No penalties and negligible interest payment for a single month

·
Registered
342 Posts
Unfortunetly my credit probably isnt what urs is. Which is why i plan on just buying it outright when my settlement is finalized. They want 20% down.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunetly my credit probably isnt what urs is. Which is why i plan on just buying it outright when my settlement is finalized. They want 20% down.

Sorry to hear that man! That's gonna be rough, I think I would lose my mind knowing it's there, waiting... I'm already losing my mind in D1 status haha

·
Registered
342 Posts
It will be tough. The lot is about five blocks away. My daily walk route has just changed. Ill see her everyday

·
Registered
342 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My build just went into "E" code so it looks like they may actually meet the "Shipping on Oct 1" estimate!
Looks like your car took about a week to go Ontario -> Edmonton so with any luck I should have mine by October 10th...

·
Registered
342 Posts
That would be kool for u. Only took me 6 days to get here. Good luck and a speedy delivery.

·
Registered
342 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Car went into KZ status this morning, estimated delivery October 20th. Crossing fingers for faster.

Local dealership screwed up a kijiji ad and sold me 4x brand new Michelin X-Ice XI2 in 225/60R18 for only $365 after tax. I'll search for rims after the car arrives.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Got my fingers crossed for u. I should have all my fund together by next tuesday or wednesday. Car will be home that day.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Delivery estimate getting closer. Originally Oct 20, on Saturday it was Oct 17, and today it was Oct 16

·
Registered
342 Posts
Im still keeping my fingers crossed for u. The dealership still has my car. Now the delay is all in their court. The right side panels dont match up and i refused delivery until they fix it. ImageUploadedByAG Free1412865435.859181.jpg right side
ImageUploadedByAG Free1412865452.971498.jpg left side
ImageUploadedByAG Free1412865492.554645.jpg passengers door.

The joints dont line up properly and i refused delivery until they fix it

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Right side looks the worst, the other two don't seem too bad from the angle you took the shot

1 - 20 of 92 Posts