Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Group , While washing the car I noticed where I got into something with one of my Alcoa aluminium rims that left a couple of scars at the edge of the rim about one inch long. Does anyone know of a fix for grinding / buffing / polishing this out using a Dremel ? The scars are about 1/16 of an inch deep. Im sure that a lathe would be needed to completely remove the scars but there just may be something that one could do to help just a bit ? Help ! Rattler

·
Registered
70 Posts
It's definitely a depressing sight to see one of our wheels like that. Right after I bought mine, one of those evil curbs jumped right out at me. I tried to swerve to avoid it, but it still got me and scuffed one of my wheels pretty bad. The scars screamed out every time anyone walked by. I took about 400 grit sandpaper and wet sanded, then lots of hand polishing. Now they're only seen by very close inspection.

I think there's a few detailed how-to threads on here somewhere.

You can also try talking to a new car dealer in the area. My local dealer has someone come by periodically to repair wheels on their used cars.

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Check with a good sheet and tire shop. They can get out some pretty bad scrapes. My wife scraped the rims on her SUV really ad and they got the like new. Her's were very similar to the Alcoas
Alcoa's (M-B AMG's)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts