Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the layman who isn't ever going to tune his own car but is interested in data (I really like going over data) and diagnostics or trouble shooting codes, is the combo above all I need?

The 49 dollar AlfaOBD app and the "OBDlink MX+"

Or is there another piece I need, well obviously and an Android device because it doesn't look like AlfaOBD is not available on IOS?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,713 Posts
Yeah, a used tablet, or phone will work, OR you can use a laptop with bluetooth.
I bought AlfaOBD 2 weeks ago when I picked up a high mile 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and needed it for a couple reasons. It is amazing, but I cannot fully program the passive entry part of my key (PEM Replace fails) or make changed to the body coding. New key learn worked, and all diagnostics are beyond amazing. I ass-u-me that the issue is my old cheap ODB adapter, that is over 5 years old, but with another app (JSCAN) primarily for Jeeps, it has a "test" function, and of the 3 adapters I have, that one passed all tests.
But I think I need to bite the bullet and get the MX.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I use an OBDLink MX with AlfaOBD on either a Win10 laptop or LG 7" tablet and as you know, no iOS support for AlfaOBD. I prefer the tablet but either one will work. I got it to customize my RAM but it also works on my '11 Challenger. Activated fogs ON with high beams and activated the Electronic Overhead Module (Homelink) and Compass display. The Homelink was a transplant back in 2012 which worked but with no feedback to the EVIC. Now it all works as intended.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.