Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone!

Fellow Scat Pack owner here and here's my story...

So I got the H&R springs installed about 2 months ago and the guy said he tried to do the alignment as close to spec and now my rear tires have like no thread left from the middle, haha. The car has 16k miles and I was planning to move from the hideous stock 245 wheels anyways so my question for the people out there with H&R springs is which offsets you running with and also what's the widest tire size you running with.

Currently looking at the Nitto G2s but I'm open to your suggestions!

Thank you.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have BC racing coil overs dropped front to 28.5 and rear to 28 3/4" ground to fender lip. ace alloy FF01's are being delivered today with 315/35/20 and 275/40/20 nitto nt555 g2's I'll install as soon as they arrive and post some pics offsets etc... and of course I'll go run a couple 0-60's to see how much better they are than the good years :)?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have BC racing coil overs dropped front to 28.5 and rear to 28 3/4" ground to fender lip. ace alloy FF01's are being delivered today with 315/35/20 and 275/40/20 nitto nt555 g2's I'll install as soon as they arrive and post some pics offsets etc... and of course I'll go run a couple 0-60's to see how much better they are than the good years :)?
Any update?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
0-60’s have dropped on the street to a consistent 4.4-4.5 With the new rubber, on the Goodyear’s it was very inconsistent and on a “good” attempt 4.9 was about the average

There’s more in it I’m finding best results are achieved with a low rpm launch slipping clutch a tiny bit while gently rolling into throttle once clutch is fully engaged. Still playing with the speed of clutch release , application of throttle, and best rpm to start at

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hello everyone!

So I got the H&R springs installed about 2 months ago and the guy said he tried to do the alignment as close to spec and now my rear tires have like no thread left from the middle, haha. The car has 16k miles and I was planning to move from the hideous stock 245 wheels anyways so my question for the people out there with H&R springs is which offsets you running with and also what's the widest tire size you running with.

Thank you.
If you think you completely wore down the center of your tires due to the lowering, you should try to resolve what the potential problem is prior to new tires.

I am far from any expert on the subject but I thought when a car is lowered it typically increases the negative camber, which wears out the inner edge of the tires. I'm surprised none of these guys with lowered cars didn't address your problem.
It may have effected your Toe on the rear tires somewhat also, which would have a bigger impact on wearing out the middle of the tires.
I don't believe camber is adjustable on these cars without going to aftermarket parts. You should discuss with your alignment guy to ensure you don't ruin your knew tires.

Hopefully someone on this forum with that experience will have some helpful comments on the subject.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hello everyone!

Thank you.
If you think you completely wore down the center of your tires due to the lowering, you should try to resolve what the potential problem is prior to new tires.

I am far from any expert on the subject but I thought when a car is lowered it typically increases the negative camber, which wears out the inner edge of the tires. I'm surprised none of these guys with lowered cars didn't address your problem.
It may have effected your Toe on the rear tires somewhat also, which would have a bigger impact on wearing out the middle of the tires.
I don't believe camber is adjustable on these cars without going to aftermarket parts. You should discuss with your alignment guy to ensure you don't ruin your new tires.

Hopefully someone on this forum with that experience will have some helpful comments on the subject.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts