Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front Goodyear F1's have excessive wear on the inside of the tires so I brought it to a reputable alignment shop and they told me that I had negative camber on both front tires and my alignment could not be adjusted back within specs with out additional aftermarket parts. They recommended a cam bolt. They claim to have performed alignments on several Challenger SRT8's and never had one like mine so far out of spec. The car only has 12,000 miles on it and original tires, wheels and suspension. Anyone have any suggestions or similar problems??

The car pulls to the right pretty bad.

specs ideal camber settings: driverside= -0.1
passenger= -0.3

my camber readings: driverside= -0.9
passenger= -1.3

·
Registered
232 Posts
Alignment

I have seen those camber bolts. They are $130 each (Canadian). They are good for only .02 to .04 adjustment. Looking at your specs, I don't think they will help you. These bolts do not have a cam on the head. Usually the Chrysler tech mucks around with your engine cradle along with those bolts to get your specs back in line. Don't let them start moving your engine cradle around. I had lowered my car with eibach a few months ago and could not get a good camber reading on the rack. I used eibach adjustable upper a arms (tubular design and lighter) and all my alignment problems were solved. My car drives like a dream now. The a arms will fix it right.

Stevo

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have seen those camber bolts. They are $130 each (Canadian). They are good for only .02 to .04 adjustment. Looking at your specs, I don't think they will help you. These bolts do not have a cam on the head. Usually the Chrysler tech mucks around with your engine cradle along with those bolts to get your specs back in line. Don't let them start moving your engine cradle around. I had lowered my car with eibach a few months ago and could not get a good camber reading on the rack. I used eibach adjustable upper a arms (tubular design and lighter) and all my alignment problems were solved. My car drives like a dream now. The a arms will fix it right.

Stevo
Thanks for the info, I saw the Eibach upper a-arms on their website and looked nice but did not want to alter my factory suspension unless it was the only option. I am glad I read your post: the techs mentioned about adjusting the cradle but sounded unecessary on a new stock car.

I still can not figure out why my car is out of spec so bad with all stock parts. Makes no sense I have to buy aftermarket parts to correct a stock application. I am bringing it to a big Chrysler dealer "River Oaks Chrysler" on Monday for one last opinion. This dealer has been around for a while and supposedly has a "award winning service department" from what some mechanics and local vendors have informed me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Same problem

I went thru the same problem, also at 12,000 miles. And yes, the cam bolts are spendy, I got a "deal" at $90.00 each, and went into it without knowing for sure how many I needed, luckily, I only needed 2 of them. Car is great now. this on a 09 SRT8 Challenger.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Chance for an upgrade

Bermise.

Look at it this way. Here is an opportunity to improve your vehicle. Get the eibach prokit (springs and very, very FAT sway bars). Drop the car 1.7 inches to get rid of the 4x4 look of the stock Challenger. Install eibach upper a arms. Align.

She will drive like a dream. Steering response will be unbelievable. I know I am telling you to spend more dollars but you will be improving your car. I LOVE the way my RT corners now.

Good Luck and let me know what happens eh!

Stevo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts