Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have an all black fuel door for sale? Ebay is saying there $360, Also is there anywhere to find a video of someone installing one?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Use plasti dip to make your own for $6. Or buy the drake one from speedlogics, I think its $200 but I'm not sure, its been a while since I got mine.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
No problem. If you want the matte black, id def say save your money and go with plastidip. Although i would recommend a bed coating over plastidip. I had plastidip on my fuel door and it was impossible to keep it from chipping when i would get gas, with the fuel filler nozzle rubbing up against it. Peeled the plastidip off and used bedarmor truck bed coating, couldnt scratch or knick it if i wanted to now. Beware, truck bed coating is not nearly as easily removed as plastidip. But for my purposes, it was permanent, so that aspect didnt bother me. Cheers!

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
How to install

Ok!I changed mine.on our PM you ask for insall instructions.
It helps to have two people.
You just pry back inter fender,I used a trim tool with a foot,from the inside below the fuel door,the trim tool is not a must,you can almost do it with your fingers.just pull it down,the clips you can see on the new fuel door,they just hold on to the fuel door lip,theres no inserts.spray some WD40 around rubber gromit,this holds it to the filler neck,and it will slide right off.I used two hands,it's tight between tire and fender,but I didn't remove tire,pinch the two clips on top and push out a little,have helper holds pressure on top from outside,then do bottom two clips while helper pulls outwards,
When the clips clear go to outside,I pulled from top and bottom,while helper from side to side so that it dosn't contact metal and chip,just work back and forth slowly till it pops off,this is where the WD40 helps,it was very tight before I used it,then it slid right off.
Just align new door a little WD40 on gromet and pop it on!
Work the inter fender back in,reach all around and pop it into shape.(It's very thin and flexable)
It took longer to type this post than the job.
Oh! take off fuel cap and pop off cord from old fuel door before you start!

·
Registered
274 Posts
I sell you my chrome one for $60 bucks. Just installed a black one a few weeks back and have no use for the chrome one. Still in good shape (my R/T is only 6 months old). That way you can paint it and sell your chrome one. Just a suggestion. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts