Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

In what might be one of the most sacrilegious automotive things that many drivers secretly want, Dodge has confirmed that an all-wheel-drive Dodge Challenger GT will arrive in early 2017.

The 2017 Dodge Challenger GT will become the very first two-door muscle car with AWD, and it will be available at dealerships in the first quarter of 2017 with production starting in January. The newChallenger GT will surely be a hit with muscle car fans who have to deal with inclement weather, with the AWD system turning the coupe into an all-seasons slayer.

The AWD system in the Challenger GT is the same one that’s found in the Charger, which means it has an active transfer case and front-axle disconnect, which means under normal circumstances, the rear wheels are driven with 100 percent of the torque going to the rear axle until the car detects that more traction is needed, at which point it engages the front axle.

Fortunately, the Challenger GT will also come with a Super Trak Pak button that activates launch control and other performance apps. The GT will also feature three-mode ESC with a full-off mode, which means excellent snow donuts.

Unfortunately, the AWD version of the muscle car will not be available with a V8 or a manualtransmission. Power for the Challenger GT will be provided by a 3.6-liter V6 delivering 305 horsepower and 286 pound-feet of torque, which will be sent to all four wheels via an eight-speed automatic transmission (paddle shifters are also standard). Fuel economy for the Dodge Challenger GT is estimated to be 18 mpg city and 27 mpg highway.

The Challenger GT sits on 19-inch HyperBlack aluminum wheels and all-season performance tires. Projector fog lamps, rear park assist, heated and ventilated front seats, heated/powered tilt and telescopic steering wheel, an 8.4-inch UConnect touchscreen, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and a backup camera also come standard.

The all-wheel-drive 2017 Dodge Challenger GT will start at $33,395 in the U.S. and $38,545 in Canada (both prices exclude destination fees).
Read more about the All-Wheel-Drive Dodge Challenger GT Arriving Soon, People Undoubtedly Freaking Out at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, the people are freaking out because they love this car. The Dodge challenger is most loved car in the category Specialty Coupe

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I see nothing wrong with this. If someone doesn't want an all-wheel drive Challenger, they don't have to buy it. I wouldn't get one, myself, but more choices are good.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Great idea to offer AWD! I also agree, put a 6-speed manual in the 3.6!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Too bad there is no v8 option. A 5.7, 6.4 or 6.2 would be awesome but you would probably miss some of the oversteer that a v8 Rwd offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Right now I'm thinking, 'cool'.

I know this is probably close to the last model year for this body style so they probably won't roll out a V8 AWD in the next year or two.

If the next gen is an AWD V8 I will be a little miffed that I jumped the gun getting my '16 blacktop but will live with it. If the next generation is an AWD V8 AND maintains the character of the current body style I will be faced with a real dilemma.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
10 Participants
eman
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing